i am following instruction at
    Downgrading From Tablet OS 2.0 Beta to the Current... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    but do not have any software available for downgrade

if any body has any suggestions or same problem
    i did not backup my PB before update
    10-18-11 09:02 PM
    The instructions look a lot like the debrick procedure, which means you will loose all data. Before doing it you may want to try transferring some of your data using wifi file sharing if it works in OS 2.
    10-18-11 09:13 PM
    i am following instruction at
    Downgrading From Tablet OS 2.0 Beta to the Current... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    but do not have any software available for downgrade

if any body has any suggestions or same problem
    i did not backup my PB before update
    I keep trying this but my Playbook just boots up and connects. It doesnt try and reinstall anything. I even did a restore from a pre 2.0 backup and still sitting with the latest OS. Any thoughts on how to downgrade? I love the OS but miss BBM and mail too much!
    10-19-11 08:44 PM
    I keep trying this but my Playbook just boots up and connects. It doesnt try and reinstall anything. I even did a restore from a pre 2.0 backup and still sitting with the latest OS. Any thoughts on how to downgrade? I love the OS but miss BBM and mail too much!
    Yeah I'm having the same issues as you... I turn off my PB, connect it to DM and it does nothing. I don't get any notifications of downrgading or updating, I'm just stuck with 2.0. I don't mind having this update but being that I just bought a few games that I would actually like to play (Vengeance 2) I would love to get back to 1.0.7.
    10-23-11 05:11 PM
    Took me a few tries. Had to exit out of desktop manager a couple of times before I got the password prompt.
    gordongr likes this.
    10-23-11 06:19 PM
    And make sure you are connecting the tablet to the computer using the data cable which shipped with the tablet.
    10-23-11 06:33 PM
    this is part of the downgrading instruction. just incase you miss this part.

"Please note that if you signed up for the 2.0 beta and installed it over the air you will need to wait approximatly 24 hours before you can downgrade. *Otherwise, your BlackBerry PlayBook will reapply the upgrade during the first bootup after the downgrade has been installed."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-11 07:21 PM
    still waiting for the official 2.0 update.its been a while since a new update has popped up.
    10-23-11 07:28 PM
    read/followed the same instructions linked by op. without going back to review, downgraded to os1.0.7.3312 just this am with no loss of data. without specifics, hard to say where/what you're doing wrong but those instructions do work.
    10-23-11 07:36 PM
    Took me a few tries. Had to exit out of desktop manager a couple of times before I got the password prompt.
    Took me 3 or 4 tries also, was getting discouraged but kept trying & now downgrading as I type. Also I dont think ill be loading up anymore beta crap any time soon
    10-23-11 09:12 PM
    I did the downgrade and reloaded my backup data and said it wasnt compatiable with 1.7??? I don't have any previous data backups. Guess I'm going back to 2.0 unless someone knows a work around???
    10-24-11 05:38 PM
    You should use the "brick" method which is much more reliable.

OS backups are not cross compatible (1.7 and 2.0, which is why they ask you to backup 1.7 before updating).
    10-24-11 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD