I have a new 64gb Playbook (broke all the seals myself). I am having trouble with the forced new software available update.

I have tried ota and it gets stuck at 38%. I try using Desktop and says there is an error.

Please help!
    01-30-12 06:28 AM
    I don;t know if there's an easier way than this, but here goes

Backup your device settings etc. if you want. If you can do without it, which might be better I don't know, and just set it up new manually.

Turn the device off. (After backup and etc. You're not getting anything back from the device now)

Plug the USB in the playbook.

Open BB Desktop Manager, let it sit.

Connect the USB to the comp.

When the error comes up that it cannot connect, choose "Update".

Wait about 20 or 30 min.

Disconnect PlayBook from your computer, continue with the setup process. In it, you will be updating to the new version of OS.

Hopefully, you'll be able to fix it this way. Best of luck.
    01-30-12 07:44 AM
    I have a new 64gb Playbook (broke all the seals myself). I am having trouble with the forced new software available update.

I have tried ota and it gets stuck at 38%. I try using Desktop and says there is an error.

Please help!
    Sounds like a slow wi-fi connection. Why not try the OS update at a local Starbucks or Mickey D's...it seems their wi-fi connections are pretty solid.
    01-30-12 07:48 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions!

I started the install ota again this morning and it worked!!

The PB named Lt. Saavik is up and running. Pretty smooth save for the 601 App Error I got after 2 web browser searches.

Haven't got it figured out yet.

Thanks for the help!!
    01-30-12 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD