The ipad taking more of a 3g to 3gs step isn't actually such a bad thing for apple, it is still going to be early days for their rivals when it comes out so there is simply no benefit to them going all out on specs which cuts their margins when they can just increase their ad budget a bit more instead. They can save things like a 'retina' display for the ipad3 when it is more cost effective to introduce it and when their rivals will be more established.

As far as the rear camera, it is a 10" tablet, if you intend using that camera for anything that isn't basically just facetime-related then you need help, even on a 7" tablet it would be pushing things to really use a better one.
    Then why have a rear camera anyway then?
    02-09-11 02:49 PM
    I will laugh my arse off if iPad2 beats Playbook to the market
    I don't think its really humorous but several tablets are beating playbook to the market, including ones that were started months after rim's.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-11 03:01 PM
    I don't think its really humorous but several tablets are beating playbook to the market, including ones that were started months after rim's.

Which ones?
    02-09-11 03:05 PM
    It really does crash a lot, sometimes it gets stuck going to appstore and then you can't even dl the only stuff you can get. Pushing the limits on this thing seems like using 1/4 of one core of the PB. I can't wait till I've got HD video running while I check the forums and looking for flash games at the same time.
    Oh stop it! You're giving me goosebumps. Not cool.
    02-09-11 10:11 PM

announced, potentially, started, well we`ll never know that. phones are normally a 2 year thing, dunno bout tablets but i`d put money the ipad2 was being worked on within a week of ipad1 starting sales if not earlier
    02-09-11 11:02 PM
    They will get it to market in a Flash... Just without it...

aawilson and Bobcat665 like this.
    02-10-11 12:14 AM
    LOL, you better get your iPad 2 quickly because its going to be outdated a couple months later...

AppleInsider | Apple may be prepping iPad 3 for fall 2011 launch - rumor
    02-10-11 01:26 AM
    Just like the Pre2!
    02-10-11 01:52 AM
    LOL, you better get your iPad 2 quickly because its going to be outdated a couple months later...

Yeah I can't see them breaking the yearly cycle unless they determine that Android or Playbook is too far ahead. Right now I bet they are hitting limitations of the OS more than the hardware. iPad two is rumored to have dual core A9 with a dual GPU, and if so, then Horsepower-wise it should be equal to anything else out there. I would expect Apple to rewrite the phone OS to give it more robust multitasking to take advantage of new tech.
    02-10-11 07:03 AM

That sounds EXACTLY like something Apple would do. Release version 2 so all the fanboys can line up around the block..high fiving each other and discussing which wallpapers they are going to use to customize their new iPad..while Apple sits back laughing and shaking their head at their sheeple.

Then in 6 months..they can release the even better iPad3..and get all those fanboys back in line along with every other customer who opted out of getting the second one..thus increasing their revenue tenfold.
    1812dave likes this.
    02-10-11 07:41 AM
    That sounds EXACTLY like something Apple would do. Release version 2 so all the fanboys can line up around the block..high fiving each other and discussing which wallpapers they are going to use to customize their new iPad..while Apple sits back laughing and shaking their head at their sheeple.

Then in 6 months..they can release the even better iPad3..and get all those fanboys back in line along with every other customer who opted out of getting the second one..thus increasing their revenue tenfold.
    Like maybe a 7" Playbook killer.....
    Otherwise, this is just plain sick.
    02-10-11 09:45 PM
    Like maybe a 7" Playbook killer.....
    Otherwise, this is just plain sick.
    no it would be 7.01" so herr jobs wouldnt be hypocritical
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    02-10-11 09:57 PM

I'll do the same: sit back and laugh.

Seriously, if there is some truth to this rumour, I wonder if it's gonna be a 7". There's been rumours floating around about that too.

But I also think Apple might be feeling the heat from competitors and thus is accelerating the launch of the iPad 3. Too bad Apple: you won't be able to milk the sheep to your liking. See how competition is good for the consumers? Haters and fanboys can't understand this.
    Last edited by Intosh; 02-10-11 at 10:05 PM.
    02-10-11 09:59 PM
    So if Apple's share of the tablet market starts to decline, does that signal their demise? I'd bet they'll lose at least a 1/4 of their tablet marketshare in 2011...

Just wait for the iFans to come in and explain why its different for Apple...
    02-10-11 11:04 PM
    So if Apple's share of the tablet market starts to decline, does that signal their demise? I'd bet they'll lose at least a 1/4 of their tablet marketshare in 2011...

apple stock down 3, RIM up 3
    02-10-11 11:09 PM

And I thought you were just joking about that:

"iPad Market Share Down To 75%, But Android Share Is Misleading:
    Today (Jan31), a report was issued by Strategy Analytics that indicated that while the iPad is still number one in the tablet market, the device is losing market share to Android. While an interesting read, the report is not entirely accurate.

The distortion field is for real?? Crap.
    02-10-11 11:12 PM
    Right, let me get this straight. iPad could have 1'000'000'000'000'000'000'000'000'000'000'000'000' 000'000'000'000'000'000x the specs of the Playbook, cost 1p (for 64GB) compared to the PB's �500 (for 16GB), and I still would buy Playbook over iPad. I don't want to jailbreak my iPhone, and at the same time I don't wanna be locked into their draconian systems. Therefore iThingys do not interest me in the SLIGHTEST.
    02-11-11 02:06 AM
    This thread reminds me of .
    02-11-11 05:43 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD