It hasn't been used for a few years, but I recently decided to use the Playbook as an ePub book reader again. In the past I had loaded books to it via the USB port, but I haven't been able to get either the Blackberry Device Manager or Desktop Manager to work with Windows 10. Since the Wi-Fi has functioned for email etc. in the past I thought I should be able to use it to transfer books as well. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get this to work either.

I've read a few posts on the net that indicated to set:
    - File Sharing - ON
    - Wi-Fi Saring - ON
    - Password Protect - ON, but I don't remember if I ever set this one to anything before.

I have all the original usernames, passwords, and the IP address written down from when I first received the tablet:
    - Tablet Network Name - the original unique tablet identifier is indicated,
    - Workgroup - originally set to WORKGROUP, but Windows 10 uses the word "homegroup"?
    - Username - the original name is indicated.
    I also have written apart from the above a password for what I labelled BlackBerry Password along with a PIN and serial number.

My Windows 10 PC displays my homegroup password which I entered into my Lenovo tablet and my PC recognized it and listed the Lenovo tablet under the Network column, so I know the PC end works ok. Unfortunately, in the Playbook the label names (like workgroup) have changed so I'm not to sure what and where exactly to put some of this info now. In any case, the things tried to date just don't do anything.

Am I wasting my time or has someone actually been able to use Wi-Fi to connect the Playbook to a Windows 10 PC?

Any assistance would be appreciated.
    Last edited by MontyZ; 04-07-17 at 05:58 PM.
    04-07-17 10:47 AM
    It hasn't been used for a few years, but I recently decided to use the Playbook as an ePub book reader again. In the past I had loaded books to it via the USB port, but I haven't been able to get either the Blackberry Device Manager or Desktop Manager to work with Windows 10. Since the Wi-Fi has functioned for email etc. in the past I thought I should be able to use it to transfer books as well. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get this to work either.

I've read a few posts on the net that indicated to set:
    - File Sharing - ON
    - Wi-Fi Saring - ON
    - Password Protect - ON, but I don't remember if I ever set this one to anything before.

I have all the original usernames, passwords, and the IP address written down from when I first received the tablet:
    - Tablet Network Name - the original unique tablet identifier is indicated,
    - Workgroup - originally set to WORKGROUP, but Windows 10 uses the word "homegroup"?
    - Username - the original name is indicated.
    I also have written apart from the above a password for what I labelled BlackBerry Password along with a PIN and serial number.

My Windows 10 PC displays my homegroup password which I entered into my Lenovo tablet and my PC recognized it and listed the Lenovo tablet under the Network column, so I know the PC end works ok. Unfortunately, in the Playbook the label names (like workgroup) have changed so I'm not to sure what and where exactly to put some of this info now. In any case, the things tried to date just don't do anything.

Am I wasting my time or has someone actually been able to use Wi-Fi to connect the Playbook to a Windows 10 PC?

Any assistance would be appreciated.
    Oh, boy this is reaching back into history. I believe that I used a Win Explorer shortcut to gain access to my Playbook. You need your PB's ip address. Then you can enter it something like:

\\192.168.0.164\media

into the top line of Window Explorer or create a shortcut and enter that as the address.

I actually created a Static IP address for the Playbook (and also my Z10 and Z30) so that I did not have to seek out the changing IP address of those various devices.

Here's how one does it

Can't Connect Tablet to Windows 10-staticip_address_img_00000049.jpg

Also, what about adding the file as an attachment to email and then saving it to a folder when you open/read the email?
    04-08-17 12:23 AM