Does anyone have any ideas why i cant connect my playbook to my tv?
    When i connect via hdmi the screen on the tv stays blue and blinks every 4 seconds or so and says no signal but my playbook shows that it is connected, everything in the hdmi menu seems fine.
    I have no idea why it doesnt just connect.
    Any help woukd be great. Thanks
    01-12-12 11:20 AM
    Does anyone have any ideas why i cant connect my playbook to my tv?
    When i connect via hdmi the screen on the tv stays blue and blinks every 4 seconds or so and says no signal but my playbook shows that it is connected, everything in the hdmi menu seems fine.
    I have no idea why it doesnt just connect.
    Any help woukd be great. Thanks
    See if your TV needs to be on another output. My XBOX use to do that until i figured out it was the setting that my TV was on. Or try resetting your PB. I find that usually solves all of the glitches it has.
    01-12-12 11:31 AM
    I bought the micro to hdmi by dynex at best buy and it wasnt working at first either. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting it a few times and discovered that my hdmi wasnt plugged in all the way, then voila it worked. Hope this helps ya.
    01-12-12 11:39 AM
    I haven't gotten deep into this issue yet but I have the same problem.
    It works on the Sony in our office no problem, but not on my Toshiba at home.
    It's either going to be a setting somewhere in the TV or PB. Perhaps I'll have to upgrade the firmware in my Toshiba TV.
    I'll try again.
    01-12-12 11:41 AM
    Mine is also a toshiba. Still no joy. Think it is more the tv than the playbook. Tv menu doesnt have many options
    01-12-12 12:02 PM
    Mine is also a toshiba. Still no joy. Think it is more the tv than the playbook. Tv menu doesnt have many options
    Go into your TV menu and make sure the input is changed to HDMI.
    01-12-12 12:14 PM
    Do you have multiple hdmi ports on your tv?If you do make sure you are on the correct one.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-12-12 01:53 PM
    I have the same issue with my Sonia Bravia.
    It worked twice.....and has never worked since.

I have spent a huge amount of time fiddling around with the settings on the TV, checking and re-checking, but it simply doesn't work again.

I am not convinced it is the TV. If it worked twice..why would it suddenly stop working ?

gail
    01-12-12 02:14 PM
    I am not convinced it is the TV. If it worked twice..why would it suddenly stop working ?

gail
    Most likely situation is that you pulled too hard and now the cable isn't fully plugged into the tv.
    01-12-12 02:21 PM
    check the HDMI settings also on the playbook in the options menu to make sure your output is correct..I have used it often with several TV's but not Toshiba..but mine has worked consistently..
    01-12-12 02:26 PM
    No...I don't think so.
    I have tried a number of times over a few days....so each time the cable gets re-plugged in.
    I have read that the Sony ports/HDMI controller have a tendency to blow, but after being used so seldom, it is rather strange.

I have read elsewhere, that the usual solution in a case like this is to do a hard-reset of the television to flush out any lingering handshake data, but that didn't work for me.

My next stop is to take the cable and PB to a friend to see whether to rule out my TV.
    Following that, I guess I will invest i na new cable.

gail
    01-12-12 02:30 PM
    If its in a case the micro HDMI is not fully plugged into your PB.... pull the PB out of the case and try again....
    01-12-12 02:47 PM
    There have been other posts. And it may be Samsung specific but some obscure setting (my tv's are older and lack whatever so I can't recall its name) that they had to turn on or off. Maybe network related?? Sheesh, the old gray matter is what is the matter!!!!
    01-12-12 04:04 PM
    I had to buy a new hdmi cable after a few uses,and that corrected my issues.No problems since.
    01-12-12 06:27 PM
    Not all TV's support the high resolution that the PB sends. If that is the case, the TV will often cycle through all it's supported modes trying to sync.

In the HDMI settings tab on the PlayBook (at least in OS 2.0) there is an option that allows you to lower the resolution and refresh rate, and switch between interlaced (i) and progressive (p). That may help. It solved the problem for me on a Sony Bravia and a Panasonci Viera, both European models.
    Northern gulf likes this.
    01-12-12 08:09 PM

In the HDMI settings tab on the PlayBook (at least in OS 2.0) there is an option that allows you to lower the resolution and refresh rate, and switch between interlaced (i) and progressive (p). That may help. It solved the problem for me on a Sony Bravia and a Panasonci Viera, both European models.
    That's an interesting theory !......the only problem is that option is gray'ed out for me. I assumed it got activated when the handshake was achieved

I have ordered a new cable.....waiting with baite breath.

Thanks to all for their suggestions.

gail
    01-12-12 09:14 PM
    That's an interesting theory !......the only problem is that option is gray'ed out for me. I assumed it got activated when the handshake was achieved

I have ordered a new cable.....waiting with baite breath.

Thanks to all for their suggestions.

gail
    That will be grey'd out until there is a successful hdmi handshake. Sounds like its either the cable, incompatible hdmi versions (how old is the TV?), or an issue with the port/s (hope its not this one).
    01-12-12 09:54 PM
    Mini HDMI cables, connectors and ports are tricky sometimes, I have one cable that works fine with one device, but not the other and another cable that works sometimes with one device and sometimes neither, gonna toss it I think, lol.
    01-12-12 10:02 PM
    ive experienced the same problems about 6 months ago. i eventually had to issue an rma
    HDMI to HD tv problems - BlackBerry Forums Support Community
    01-12-12 10:13 PM
    Tryed this on both sony lcd televisions in my house, on both of them it has worked no problem.
    01-12-12 10:14 PM
    Been some good ideas on here but nothing as worked for me. Im going to put it down to a dodgy hdmi cable or ive got a crap tv. Only just bought the tv brand new but it was cheap so its probably an old model. Still havent tried it on someone elses tv or tried another hdmi cable
    01-13-12 07:46 AM
    You should also check under the playbook settings for HDMI that "Default to Mirror Mode" is "On".
    01-13-12 08:02 AM
    My new cable arrived, and everything works again !
    As you can imagine, I am now a happy camper.

gail
    01-18-12 02:07 PM
    the mini usb cable going into the playbook might hav to be pushed in further, thats the issue i first had when i tried
    01-18-12 04:54 PM
    I have the same issue, but with a twist. Using the same mini HDMI cable, my Z10 connects to my new Panasonic plasma, but my Playbook doesn't. My Playbook does connect to another Panasonic LCD TV.

Can anyone help me understand what the problem with this is?
    07-11-13 09:34 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD