So I just got a bb playbook and my brother put in his id to update it before he gave it to me. the problem is i cant seem to be able to change the id to mine. I go into settings and change the username and id and then it asks for my password and for some reason it always says my password is wrong. tried changing the password online and it changes on my phone but my playbook still says wrong password. any advice?
    05-14-12 11:09 AM
    05-14-12 11:22 AM
    If you have a wifi @ yo place just do a security wipe and start afresh.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9550 using Tapatalk
    05-14-12 11:30 AM
    is that the only way? would suck to loose all of my files
    05-14-12 11:36 AM
    Back up your device.
    05-14-12 11:44 AM
    is that the only way? would suck to loose all of my files
    Ask your brother for the Password...
    05-14-12 11:56 AM
    I just dont want my brothers id in my playbook
    05-14-12 12:04 PM

Then follow the steps laid out in the previous posts, or go buy a new PB and give your brother back his.

Sent from my fingers on a 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-14-12 12:07 PM
    Ask him for the password so that you can change it. I'm sure he would understand.
    05-14-12 12:08 PM
    Ask him for the password so that you can change it. I'm sure he would understand.
    If he changes the email associated with the PlayBook, it will also change the email on all his brothers BlackBerry devices. A security wipe is the only way.

If you backup, and then restore back to the PlayBook, I think it will put the old BBID, back onto it. If you have any data in particular you want to backup such as photos or videos, copy it over just by connecting the PlayBook to a PC.

You will loose any programs installed under the brother's BBID if you security wipe the PlayBook.
    05-14-12 12:14 PM
    yea its my playbook and i guess im going to have to security wipe it and start all over again with apps and movies/music
    05-14-12 12:17 PM
    If you backup, and then restore back to the PlayBook, I think it will put the old BBID, back onto it. If you have any data in particular you want to backup such as photos or videos, copy it over just by connecting the PlayBook to a PC.
    That may be true. Then again, it may not be; before restoring the backup, you can just go through the initial setup, entering your own BBID (and configuring your local Wifi) at that time. Then when restoring from backup after that point, it might not overwrite the BBID. If it does, then choose an advanced restore and skip restoring the settings; just restore Apps and Data.

You will loose any programs installed under the brother's BBID if you security wipe the PlayBook.
    That's quite likely true.
    05-14-12 12:24 PM
    I did a security wipe and changed the bb id to a new email, then restored it from a backup with the old bb id, the new bb id stayed,and old data (pictures, videos, etc ) got recovered as well. Of course you can't update paid apps you purchased with the old bb id, and when you delete an app originally installed under the old id, it won't show up on the uninstalled list.
    You may want to try what I did , backup the current playbook data, security wipe it, set up a new bb id, restore from the backup.
    Last edited by genesis123; 05-14-12 at 04:06 PM.
    05-14-12 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD