Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By BB_Bmore
  • 1 Post By kill_9
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Can't Buy or Find New Playbooks to Buy

I've had two playbooks since there initial release and as a Business Unit manager I'm ready to buy 6 new playbooks for my field personnel and nobody has any in stock. I've looked at the BlackberryStore and they don't have any in US online store. The Canada BlackberryStore does not have any 32mb or 64mb units. When you try to order it pops up out of stock. It will let you order a 16mb unit but I would like to have a confirmation that they actually have 6 in stock. And RIM has discontinued making the 16mb unit but there Canada store says it has some, they are suppose to be still making the 32mb and 64mb units but they don't have any and they can't be found anywhere. Doesn't look to me like RIM wants to sell any more tablets. This really concerns me because I hate to recommend buying tablets that are obsolete and it doesn't look like RIM is going to make anymore. It doesn't look like they want to sell any for Christmas either! Maybe I should be looking for an alternative tablet for my personnel.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I just bought another PB 64gb from Amazon last week. They had 16gb units too. I paid like $250 total, taxes, shipping, etc.

The tablet market is going to be a marathon, RIM wants to be a mobile computing powerhouse, I doubt theyve exitted the tablet market.

The market is so far from mature.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

They are still some 32G available at The Source and Future shop . You will have to cross border shopping. Also there are a lot more bundle deals. Different combos either with HDMI cable, keyboard and case or rapid charger or all in one.

There are places that still have them in stock (some are limited to the amount available) such as Office Depot. You are going to run in to the problem of limited quantity because RIM is coming out with a new model. If you can wait a little bit I'm sure the new PlayBook will provide you and your company the tablet you are wanting.
    I'm Rambling in Rehab and Be 5000
    Need help? Just ask.
    Want to know how to do stuff here on the forums? Try the Forum Help Videos & Guides sections.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,441 Global Posts

Default Re: Can't Buy or Find New Playbooks to Buy

you mean new as 4g new or somethig else ?

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    MyHomeSpace.ca and MyCondoSpace.ca
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,856 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Default Can't Buy or Find New Playbooks to Buy

I think if RIM was scrapping the tablet market they wouldn't bother building BlackBerry10 for PlayBook along side the phones would they? They could just say here is 2.1 ,we are now going to focus on BlackBerry10 phones and we will maintain current PlayBook owners with maintenance upgrades. RIM wants to play with the big boys then they have to play like the big boys. MS Apple and Google have Phones Tablets and Laptops. So if RIM wants to play they need to have Phones Tablets and Laptops. Well they could get away without producIng a laptop (although that be very cool) but they can't be a serious player without having phones and tablets to run the OS on. Maybe you can't find PlayBooks because they are not making them anymore. Would it be crazy to launch a new tablet along side new phones and a new OS?

Sent from my BlackBerry by choice using Tapatalk
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Hopefully, the low availability of BlackBerry PlayBook tablets is a sign that the original inventory is nearly sold off. If Research In Motion is serious about providing the mobile computing platform of the future they need smartphones and tablets. However, a recent interview with Thorsten Heins quoted him as saying the smartphone is going to replace the notebook computer in 3-5 years; no mention of tablets replacing computers...not mention of tablets at all. Should we be worried about the future of the BlackBerry PlayBook and the commitment or lack thereof to their tablet? Only time will tell. Typing a report on my tablet is great but typing a report on my smartphone would be painful beyond aching thumbs.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    408 Global Posts

At this time there are over 30 of each 32gb and 64gb playbook on ebay. 32gb units are going for around 199.00 and the 64gb are around. 240.00. They are listed as new.
    "People may not remember exactly what you did or what you said, but they will always remember how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou
    CrackBerry Newbie

"The Source" was selling 64gb playbooks for $199 on line this week. I didn't check today, though.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Walmart Canada, Sears Canada and the Source also sell the PlayBook.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    298 Global Posts

Walmart in the USA is out of stock online but might still have them in stores. I think Ebay would be your best bet at this time. There are always good deals there for new, refurbished and used units.
    Lovin' the Playbook and hatin' the cynics!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,856 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Actually he did mention tablets here >”Certainly we will be working in the markets that we’re in right now, which is smartphones,tablets, enterprise, and consumer, but the reason why we built this new platform was not just to build a new smartphone OS or to build a new tablet OS, right"
    Quote Originally Posted by BB9700CA View Post
    Hopefully, the low availability of BlackBerry PlayBook tablets is a sign that the original inventory is nearly sold off. If Research In Motion is serious about providing the mobile computing platform of the future they need smartphones and tablets. However, a recent interview with Thorsten Heins quoted him as saying the smartphone is going to replace the notebook computer in 3-5 years; no mention of tablets replacing computers...not mention of tablets at all. Should we be worried about the future of the BlackBerry PlayBook and the commitment or lack thereof to their tablet? Only time will tell. Typing a report on my tablet is great but typing a report on my smartphone would be painful beyond aching thumbs.
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    CrackBerry Master

Just returned from my local Walmart here in Canada and, while previously they had one or two left, they now have about 10 32GB and even 5 16GB, which are increasingly hard to get! I'll be monitoring that to see how well they go out the doors pre holiday season.
    9000 > 9800 and now BB Z10 and 32GB PlayBook glued to my person!
    Thanked by:
    Cracklen (11-19-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    298 Global Posts

I just checked Amazon.com and they have plenty of new Playbooks in stock - 16GB, 32GB and 64GB - the caveat is their prices seem higher than other retailers. But they do have plenty.
    Lovin' the Playbook and hatin' the cynics!
    CrackBerry User

Wow, I guess I ordered mine from Walmart just in time. It's scheduled for delivery today. I'm excited!
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BB-Bmore View Post
    Actually he did mention tablets here >”Certainly we will be working in the markets that we’re in right now, which is smartphones,tablets, enterprise, and consumer, but the reason why we built this new platform was not just to build a new smartphone OS or to build a new tablet OS, right"
    Thank you for the clarification, much appreciated.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by jvictor77 View Post
    Just returned from my local Walmart here in Canada and, while previously they had one or two left, they now have about 10 32GB and even 5 16GB, which are increasingly hard to get! I'll be monitoring that to see how well they go out the doors pre holiday season.
    Update - found myself in Walmart again, 5 days later. 4 of the 5 16GB gone! 5 of the 10 32GB gone too!
    9000 > 9800 and now BB Z10 and 32GB PlayBook glued to my person!