\\<PlayBookIPAddress>\media is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again.
    This would have been much easier if they stuck an SD socket in the damn thing.
    01-12-12 05:38 PM
    Huh? What are you trying to do?
    01-12-12 05:48 PM
    Access the PB from my desktop via the network.

It's ok, I plugged a USB cable into it. That's so 8 years ago
    01-12-12 05:50 PM
    When the PB came out 9 months ago you could access via wifi.
    run\\your PB ip address here
    01-12-12 05:53 PM
    Did you allow wifi sharing in the Security Options?
    01-12-12 05:55 PM
    When the PB came out 9 months ago you could access via wifi.
    run\\your PB ip address here

Yep, that's what I've done

I have the "certs" and "media" folders. As soon as I double click on the "media" folder I get a user/password prompt. Enter my credentials and that's the error I get.
    xindy likes this.
    01-12-12 05:56 PM
    Did you allow wifi sharing in the Security Options?
    Yes, and it has been working. Sometimes.

Now it's decided to crap out altogether and throw me that error.
    01-12-12 05:57 PM
    I never connect my PB to my computer. It sits in a charging dock on my desk and I share files all the time without a problem.

\\192.168.xxx.3

Works like a charm.
    01-12-12 06:02 PM
    What OS are you on???
    I've never had one problem with this on the public releases. If on public release and the PB is relatively new, I'd be all over tech support. You have 3 months free tech support. If you are on Beta it's probably a wasted phone call...
    01-12-12 06:49 PM
    It's the latest public release.

I've had the PlayBook for more than three months.
    01-12-12 06:51 PM
    Make sure you IP address hasn't changed on your pb. Check it using the gear icon in the main window>about>network
    01-12-12 06:54 PM
    What is with this part?
    Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again.
    Coming from the pb or your lan? Must be the lan. I would investigate that message.
    01-12-12 07:03 PM
    That's the message I get on my Win7 machine attempting to access "media" after inputting my username and password.

IP address hasn't changed, my router assigns it the same one each time based on the MAC address.
    01-12-12 07:05 PM
    Sounds to me like it is saying 1 user can't be using 2 different names. This help at all?

Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed...
    01-12-12 07:17 PM
    At a command prompt in Windows type the command 'net use' (w/o quotes) and press enter. This will show if you already have any existing mapped connections which can cause your error, especially if connected using different user names. If found you can use tbe same 'net use' command to delete any orphaned entries. These types of orphaned mappings don't show in Windows Explorer.
    01-12-12 10:25 PM
    I'd try restarting the PB. Should clear out any active connections.
    01-12-12 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD