Having trouble accessing pb files via wifi.

I turned off the firewall, I entered the user id on the pb network id and the password I set on the pb and I get a can't connect error.

I turn off pb password for wifi and it works.

I connect the pb via usb and go to the pb device manager and enter the ip it shows under ipv4. i enter the user id and password that I set on the pb and it works.

was able to connect before the update running 1.07.2942

spent an hour trying to find answers but all the posts were saying you gotta turn off the firewall and enter the pb's username and password which i did.
    09-02-11 04:21 AM
    try security wipe and re-install OS again. make sure you backup your PB first
    09-02-11 05:17 AM
    Have you tried restarting your router?

HTH

Elcuolo
    09-02-11 06:45 AM
    There is a known issue.

You can access it by going to Windows Explorer and in the address bar enter \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (the IP address of your PB). You can get this by going to Settings -> About and Network (from drop down menu)
    09-02-11 07:19 AM
    Some more details from a past post that I grabbed:

There's a quick and easy workaround to this problem. Oddly enough, this is the preferred method of connecting, described in this BlackBerry Knowledge Base article. First, you'll need the IP address of your PlayBook. Open the PlayBook's settings by tapping the Gear icon in the upper right of the Status Ribbon. Select the About tab, and then select Network from the drop-down menu. You want the IPv4 address, which will probably be something like 192.168.x.x

Windows XP. Use the Windows Key-R combination to open the run menu. Type \\192.xxx.x.x That's backslash-backslash your-playbooks-ip For example, I would type \\192.168.1.2
    Windows Vista, Windows 7: Same thing, but you can also type that in the bar at the bottom of the Start menu
    Mac: "[S]elect Go -> Connect to Server... and type smb://127.1.1.1 (where 127.1.1.1 should be replaced with the actual IP address of the BlackBerry PlayBook)"
    09-02-11 09:32 AM
    I don't get why people tried using the ID method in the first place. First thing I did was use the IP method on my mac. If you have a static ip and assign all attached netword devices with an IP then it will always remain the same.

More modern routers like netgear dual band ones and bt home hubs (uk only) have a feature that you tick a box labled "always assign this device set ip" saves the need for the static ip setup.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-02-11 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD