Guys, you can find this problem a lot closer than making this poor op post a link to his employer's website: try to tap "search this forum"... a tiny clickable area on this page close to the top on the right hand side.

Using your native PB browser, tap it once and a nice little dialog box pops open. Now tap inside the "search" text box where you are supposed to type in thebwords you are searching for. Boom, the dialog box vanishes.

When I posted this issue some weeks ago, one of the mods suggested using the "advanced search" option. OK as a workaround but unacceptable as a real solution.

As far as I can tell, neither the triple click nor the hold and drag gently gestures work on the cb.com "search this thread".
    Ok i found a work around for your issue! The trick is to register a single input at every press. So the first thing you need to do is to setup your keyboard options as below screenshot:
    -feedback to minimum
    -popup off
    -predictions off.

Once you do that go to the thread. Now the first step is important:launch your keyboard FIRST as if you launch it after, the action of keyboard pop up will close the search menu.

Once you have the keyboard launched, press the "search this thread button then click in the input field. Write up, only make sure you have every tap on letter register only one press on the screen, kind of sudden one time press. I ve tried and works perfectlu. The last image input in the search field was writen on pb playbook without the window droping

TRY IT! hope that helps and thanks for making me look into this anew as i had the same problem before!

Ps: please let the people in your initial thread know of this solution if you think it will help them
    03-16-12 12:52 PM
    Raymond, you have to post the link!
    Hahah I actually meant THIS website... As in crackberry forums
    03-17-12 05:31 AM
    The problem is the menus that appear when you hoover your mouse over it and they do nothing with a click unless it is a link in the dropdown that of course you can't choose when you move your finger off of it.

I actually dislike this setup even on my computer and the popups you get when hovering over anything else. If I want to know I'll click on the darn thing.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-17-12 07:36 AM
    My main issue is with the fact that I could view the drop down menu with the previous pb os but no longer with 2.0. In 1.0 I just had to hold the link until the menu appears and remained there once I lifted my finger.

The triple tap does not work for me, neither does Secure Browser. Not a big problem as can use my bb via bridge remote as a work around.

Thanks to everyone who responded.
    03-17-12 03:56 PM
    @RSMEHAT: I REALLY BELIEVE I FOUND AN ALTERNATIVE FOR YOU:

ok for the past two days I have been using the maxthon browser just released for the pb as a droid port and available on appworld. I am almost sure that it will help you use your company site as I have noticed extreme usefulness with this kind of drop down menues on the pb. for instance the "search this thread" link on cb works without any problem whatsoever.

please try it out and let us know!! hope this one helps!
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    03-20-12 09:04 AM
    I get the same kind of problem when trying to use the "go to Page number" arrow on the CB forum pages.
    03-20-12 02:58 PM
    @RSMEHAT: I REALLY BELIEVE I FOUND AN ALTERNATIVE FOR YOU:

ok for the past two days I have been using the maxthon browser just released for the pb as a droid port and available on appworld. I am almost sure that it will help you use your company site as I have noticed extreme usefulness with this kind of drop down menues on the pb. for instance the "search this thread" link on cb works without any problem whatsoever.

please try it out and let us know!! hope this one helps!
    Thank you Currentodysseys that worked perfectly!!!!!

You have now made my life so much easier, this exactly what I wanted and now have a link on my homescreen. Hopefully this will help other users having such an issue too.

Thank you again.

RSMehat
    currentodysseys likes this.
    03-20-12 06:09 PM
    I get the same kind of problem when trying to use the "go to Page number" arrow on the CB forum pages.
    Yeah just tried and got the same problem.
    03-20-12 06:21 PM
    Thank you Currentodysseys that worked perfectly!!!!!

You have now made my life so much easier, this exactly what I wanted and now have a link on my homescreen. Hopefully this will help other users having such an issue too.

Thank you again.

RSMehat
    A pleasure just knowing that between all of us we found a workaround and that makes life easier!!

I am really happy you have it working now, your happiness is rewarding, so no ned to thank me!
    03-22-12 12:37 PM
    Yeah just tried and got the same problem.
    You guys get that using the maxthon browser as well?

Actually there are two browsers for free in appworld that are helpful with this, maxthon and dolphin, they are both android ports and are for free. They have their drawbacks but have their pluses one of them being using this kind of menus.

Give them a try (alternatively for some sites the previously mentioned settings might be of assistance while using native browser).
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    03-22-12 12:41 PM
    I havent tried in the latest release, but a Stylus actually works to open the dropdown properly for me.
    03-22-12 12:44 PM
    Try using dolphin browser from app world
    03-22-12 10:22 PM
    hey current odysseys,

I really appreciate you telling us about the maxthon browser. Not only does it allow us to access the drop down lists on webpages, it also includes a simple "search" so you can search for something on the webpage. Just tap the screen and hold for a sec... a context sensitive menu pops up!!! WOW!!! Why can't the native browser do this? Grrr....
    currentodysseys likes this.
    03-24-12 10:49 AM
    hey current odysseys,

I really appreciate you telling us about the maxthon browser. Not only does it allow us to access the drop down lists on webpages, it also includes a simple "search" so you can search for something on the webpage. Just tap the screen and hold for a sec... a context sensitive menu pops up!!! WOW!!! Why can't the native browser do this? Grrr....
    Thats great!

Since Currentodysseys suggestion to try maxthon browser I've been using it non-stop but never realised the search option until I read your reply. Just tried it and its so useful for my use.

Thanks for the tip, really appreciate it.
    03-25-12 02:59 PM
    I believe Dolphin also has a Search function.

To Quote Patrick:

"Why can't the native browser do this? Grrr.... "
    03-25-12 05:46 PM
    Works fine on the new iPad.
    03-25-12 06:50 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD