I transferred a file named proj.gsv from my laptop to my PB. Now I need to upload this file from my PB to the internet using a browser---I cannot do it directly from my laptop.

Unfortunately, when I visit the website and click the upload link, Browser brings up the PB's native File Manager, which is extremely particular about which file extensions it supports---although proj.gsv is firmly located in the Documents directory (as attested to by Air Browser), File Manager refuses to list it, so I can't choose it. I cannot simply rename proj.gsv to a supported extension (eg proj.txt), because the website's server only accepts files with the .gsv extension. So you can see my dilemma.

One solution is to install and use a 3rd party web browser that handles file uploads directly. Does such a beast exist? I just tried SimpleBrowserPlus, but it too invokes File Manager.
    11-25-12 04:56 PM
    One solution is to install and use a 3rd party web browser that handles file uploads directly. Does such a beast exist? I just tried SimpleBrowserPlus, but it too invokes File Manager.
    Yes. Install either Maxthon or Dolphin Browsers from app world, and also install the file manager Ghost Commander from app world. Then go to the site you want to upload to, click upload, then choose Ghost to navigate to and choose the file to upload.
    dugggggg likes this.
    11-25-12 05:37 PM
    Thanks, that combo did the trick! I now get a spurious error message claiming the file is empty, but I think it's a bug on the upload server. Simply selecting the file was the major stumbling block.
    11-26-12 02:02 PM