Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Cannot play videos

Not even the stock video that the PB came with. Not sure if it was ever working as it is my fathers PB and he only remembers using the youtube app. Is there any hints of what to do? I tried sideloading the Andriod VLC Player but that is too unstable. Any other apps I can use in the meantime .

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.

Also, can you take a Video. Open the Camera app, you can switch to video. Try filming and see if you can view it once saved.
    Thanked by:
    im3arl (01-28-2013) 

What file type of video are you trying to play?
    Unlocked Rogers Z10 STL100-3 10.3.0.1418 / Unlocked Bell Q10 SQN100-1 10.2.1.3247
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,126 Global Posts
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey

Did you ever find a solution to this? I tried playing videos using the YT app (the black & white icon) last night on my PB (2.1) and was only able to play about 25% of them.

Quote Originally Posted by andy957 View Post
    Did you ever find a solution to this? I tried playing videos using the YT app (the black & white icon) last night on my PB (2.1) and was only able to play about 25% of them.
    You might try playing them with the Browser and going to the youtube site.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Can not play videos on playbook since last OS upgrade 2.1.0.1314

Does anyone have a solution to what is happening. i cannot play any videos what so ever even the stock video that came with my playbook and the volume controls for my speakers no longer work or my speakers. is there a way to back out of the latest OS?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    942 Global Posts

Default Re: Cannot play videos

Have you tried restarting your PlayBook like others have suggested?
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Bradford Elliott View Post
    Does anyone have a solution to what is happening. i cannot play any videos what so ever even the stock video that came with my playbook and the volume controls for my speakers no longer work or my speakers. is there a way to back out of the latest OS?
    Have you tried F2's suggestions above?
    CrackBerry Newbie

i have tried everything i can find on this website that people suggested - from utube to taking my own video with the PB camera (which doesn't work), to file manager, etc. etc. I think my only recourse is to back out of the OS upgrade but i don't know how to do it.
    CrackBerry Genius

So a hard reset didn't work?
    CrackBerry Newbie

correct - any ideas?
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by F2 View Post
    To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.

Also, can you take a Video. Open the Camera app, you can switch to video. Try filming and see if you can view it once saved.
    It works! I freaked out until I found this. Thanks F2!
    Naruto = BlackBerry
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    523 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigly101 View Post
    i have tried everything i can find on this website that people suggested - from utube to taking my own video with the PB camera (which doesn't work), to file manager, etc. etc. I think my only recourse is to back out of the OS upgrade but i don't know how to do it.
    You could do a security wipe, (from the Security option in the Setup menu). That would revert your Playbook to it's original Factory OS, but that would obviously clear all of you files that are installed.