Hi
    Searched this forum but couldn't find an answer to this problem.

1. I have a BB Bold 9900, and a bluetooth headset paired and connected to it successfully.
    2. Switch on my Playbook.
    3. Start to bridge. PB doesn't seem to bridge to the phone.

If I switch off my bluetooth headset and break the connection between the headset and my 9900, the PB is able to bridge successfully.

Anyone encountered this before?

Is it possible to connect my bluetooth headset to my 9900, and bridge my PB to the 9900 at the same time?

Thanks
    08-15-12 12:42 AM
    Have you tried it the other way around? Connecting the Bridge first and then the Headset?
    08-15-12 03:14 AM
    Yes.

When I first connect the PB to my 9900 using bridge, I cannot connect my bluetooth headset to my 9900.

It looks like I can only connect either the PB or the bluetooth headset to my 9900.

Have you tried it the other way around? Connecting the Bridge first and then the Headset?
    08-15-12 03:27 AM
    What OS?

What headphones? (not that it should matter)

My Motorola S9's were already paired. I just turned them on and I am listening to music. I just opened Bridge Contacts and see them from my 9930.

Do you have the most recent Bridge app on the phone? Or what version?
    08-15-12 08:29 AM
    Phone OS: 7.1.0.523
    Headphones: Jabra
    Bridge on phone: 2.0.0.35

I just did a "turn off" on the playbook and switched off bluetooth and mobile network on the phone. Then I turned on Playbook and turned on mobile network on phone. Then I turned on bluetooth on phone.

Suddenly, my headset could connect to both Playbook and phone, and playbook could bridge to the phone.

Strange. Will need to test the sequence again.

Thanks.

What OS?

What headphones? (not that it should matter)

My Motorola S9's were already paired. I just turned them on and I am listening to music. I just opened Bridge Contacts and see them from my 9930.

Do you have the most recent Bridge app on the phone? Or what version?
    08-16-12 06:23 AM
    Phone OS: 7.1.0.523
    Headphones: Jabra
    Bridge on phone: 2.0.0.35

I just did a "turn off" on the playbook and switched off bluetooth and mobile network on the phone. Then I turned on Playbook and turned on mobile network on phone. Then I turned on bluetooth on phone.

Suddenly, my headset could connect to both Playbook and phone, and playbook could bridge to the phone.

Strange. Will need to test the sequence again.

Thanks.
    I hope it keeps working.

Oh, yesterday I used my Jawbone Icon with the pb. It had been paired a while ago. But when I tried it, the headphone was initially paired with the bbphone. So on the phone, I had to Disconnnect and then connect on the pb. The headphone connects to the device it was last connected to. So, now if I want it on the phone, I would have to disconnect on the pb (disconnect is not UNpairing, it merely stops the use on that device).
    08-16-12 08:49 AM
    The Jabra headset that I have has the ability to connect to 2 bluetooth devices simultaneously.

I hope it keeps working.

Oh, yesterday I used my Jawbone Icon with the pb. It had been paired a while ago. But when I tried it, the headphone was initially paired with the bbphone. So on the phone, I had to Disconnnect and then connect on the pb. The headphone connects to the device it was last connected to. So, now if I want it on the phone, I would have to disconnect on the pb (disconnect is not UNpairing, it merely stops the use on that device).
    08-16-12 08:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD