The original deal is dead, however WadeColborne and Double_J75 have pointed out that you can still get the charger on the cheap from the following places:

Insight [$11.99]:
    RIM BlackBerry Rapid Charging Pod

Softchoice [$13.10] (NOTE: There are two options at the same price, one listing includes a power cable, despite being the same price. I'm not sure if there are any differences beyond that. Take care to look into it, I've included both links):
    RIM BlackBerry Rapid Charging Pod # ACC-39340-103 (With Cable)
    RIM BlackBerry Rapid Charging Pod # ACC-39340-303 (Without Cable?)

Remember: As always, be mindful of potential shipping fees. Additionally, you may be able to price match at your local Future Shop, Best Buy, Walmart, etc. (anywhere where they have such policies) and avoid waiting/shipping costs. It will not always be a sure bet, and will largely depend on the customer service rep there that day. Be firm but courteous. Your mileage will vary.

via RFD
    Last edited by rmah; 01-24-12 at 02:07 PM.
    01-20-12 08:19 PM
    That's the charging pod for the 9800.
    01-20-12 08:48 PM
    The description and specs say it's for the Playbook tablet. Great price for Canadians--it's twice as much on CDW's U.S. site.
    01-20-12 09:03 PM
    I have an office not far from me. They probably won't sell that way but I'll check it tomorrow.
    01-20-12 09:16 PM
    I have an office not far from me. They probably won't sell that way but I'll check it tomorrow.
    Please post and let us know how it goes! Thanks to the OP for this. This is a great price. I was excited about the Walmart USA price but this is even better!
    01-20-12 10:13 PM
    Thanks for that tip. I ordered one right away. $14.99 + $12.99 ground shipping to Quebec + tax (GST and QST), total of $32.18. Still less than half the price of Best Buy or anywhere else.
    01-21-12 02:18 AM
    Awesome deal here in Canada.....just ordered one for me and one for my Grandaughter. 2 for less than I paid for the one I bought my DH (Dear Husband). I love good deals.

The 2 charging pods orderd arrived in 2 Tuesday....very fast shipping. Good deal. Thanks very much to the original poster for bringing this to my attention!!
    Last edited by Bisboxer; 01-26-12 at 12:12 PM. Reason: update
    01-21-12 05:12 AM
    I got one at puremobile.ca in Canada for 22 + 5$ shipping if you watch for it it has gone on sale several times there.
    01-21-12 06:26 AM
    I got one at puremobile.ca in Canada for 22 + 5$ shipping if you watch for it it has gone on sale several times there.
    I went to puremobile.ca.
    If you do a search for Playbook the Charging Stand shows up with a price of $22.50. When you click on it to show details the price is now $42.00.
    01-21-12 07:09 AM
    I went to puremobile.ca.
    If you do a search for Playbook the Charging Stand shows up with a price of $22.50. When you click on it to show details the price is now $42.00.
    That sucks, try calling or msg them, I also got the opaque skin there for 11$
    Just have to keep an eye on it I guess.
    01-21-12 08:58 AM
    If you are really intent on beating the shipping charges, call in to their sales line (business hours only), and ask them to do a warehouse pickup. Location of the Toronto warehouse will most likely be in Mississauga just off the 401. I believe the BC warehouses are in Richmond.
    That was posted on the RFD thread, so if you live in the vicinity of one of their warehouses you might be able to save big.
    01-21-12 11:52 AM
    It's still showing up at $15 on the site. They're only open monday through friday so it will have to wait until then.
    01-21-12 03:15 PM
    Just priced matched this at Best Buy and purchased 2 of them. They only added $10 in total for shipping and with tax came out under $45 which doesn't seem bad.

Not as good as Walmart US deal but I probably won't be at my vacation property in the US for a few weeks
    01-21-12 05:01 PM
    Price matched at Future Shop-Stockyards Toronto .
    Cost $9.59 . Includes HST
    One left
    01-21-12 05:15 PM
    I ordered 2 from CDW Canada. Shipping for 1 was 12.99, shipping for 2 was the same. $44 all in for 2; and I'm a happy camper. Expect to see the extra one on ebay!
    dellins likes this.
    01-22-12 11:47 AM
    I just picked one up from CDW $31 shipped
    01-22-12 02:52 PM
    i just price matched at a future shop in vaughan. word of warning though, they put up a fight, brought up some stuff about cdw is in fact an american business with a canadian site, which is against their rules of having it be a canadian business period. but ended up giving it to me anyways and said we dont do cdw matching ever and we wont do it next time.

16 bucks and change out the door. im happy.
    01-22-12 03:20 PM
    just got one at best buy. they added $22 shipping to the bill because there is no cdw local. i'll be calling their head office to have that fixed, as cdw does do counter sales. it's in their policies.

to add insult to the best buy scam, they claim the real price is the price plus the competitor's shipping cost, and price match against that. so you get the 10% difference on a smaller difference.
    01-22-12 05:16 PM
    Just priced matched this at Best Buy and purchased 2 of them. They only added $10 in total for shipping and with tax came out under $45 which doesn't seem bad.

Not as good as Walmart US deal but I probably won't be at my vacation property in the US for a few weeks
    Did you price match online or in store?
    01-22-12 05:32 PM
    i just price matched at a future shop in vaughan. word of warning though, they put up a fight, brought up some stuff about cdw is in fact an american business with a canadian site, which is against their rules of having it be a canadian business period. but ended up giving it to me anyways and said we dont do cdw matching ever and we wont do it next time.

16 bucks and change out the door. im happy.
    Did you remind them that they are also an American company (Best Buy)?
    01-22-12 06:44 PM
    Support rim and buy retail price =)
    01-22-12 06:54 PM
    I bought 2 as well! Thanks OP!
    01-22-12 06:59 PM
    Support rim and buy retail price =)
    best buy's retail is $70. ncix's is $40. cdw's is $15. it isn't a special price, at least not described as such on their site.

which retail should i have gone for? and considering best buy's policy of tacking on a shipping fee for something they don't need to ship, they aren't losing money.

if cdw is selling them for $15, at 30 points margin they got them for about $10 from a distributor or direct from rim. best buy would get the same wholesale pricing more or less, meaning they are running a $55 markup, or about 7x cost.
    Last edited by amro; 01-22-12 at 07:10 PM.
    01-22-12 07:00 PM
    Best Buy is a total rip off for these type of items , accessories and cables are where they make the real money.

i ordered 3 and it came to 60 bucks with shipping. i have to problem selling to friends ones i dont need for 20 each
    01-22-12 08:05 PM
    who buys anything at best buy? i only buy there to try and then return.... then the actual purchase happens online
    01-22-12 08:41 PM
78 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD