Hello everyone. I have a lot of videos that I've taken with my bold. Is it possible to watch these videos on my playbook? When I go to the file manager and open the Videos folder on my smartphone media card it says "There are no files that can be opened by Playbook". Any ideas?
    09-12-12 06:44 PM
    If you have the Files & Folders app, you can move/copy the videos over Bluetooth to the PlayBook. So far, it is the closest thing to a solution to what you want to do.

And welcome to the forums.
    anon(4216152) likes this.
    09-12-12 07:00 PM
    I have Playcloud on mine & can see the video files, but none of them are playable. Would files & folders resolve this?
    09-12-12 08:43 PM
    I don't think the PB will play the 3gp video files. Google "PlayBook supported video formats". There is a PDF from RIM with all the playable formats.
    09-12-12 09:04 PM
    I don't think the PB will play the 3gp video files. Google "PlayBook supported video formats". There is a PDF from RIM with all the playable formats.
    You are right. How could I forget about file formats. ><

EDIT: 3GP is supported. Just tested with Files&Folders.
    Last edited by diegonei; 09-12-12 at 11:34 PM.
    09-12-12 10:01 PM
    3gp is supported.
    Chaddface likes this.
    09-12-12 10:21 PM
    3gp is supported.
    Has it always been? I was almost certain at some point I couldn't play my 9800 videos on the PlayBook.
    I just transferred a 3gp with files and folders. It played fine.
    09-12-12 11:39 PM
    here's a link that lists all the video formats the playbook supports and which version it started to support it http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp..._(English).pdf . see page 11.

hope that helps.
    mikeyb306 likes this.
    09-13-12 12:27 AM
    Article states that 3GP files are playable, but yet they don't function with Playcloud via bluetooth. I did download the trial version of files & folders, which did the trick. I can now watch & transfer my videos, plus upload them to my Dropbox. Very useful app, I'll be purchasing the full version...
    09-15-12 10:26 PM
    When I try to view files over the bridge I get an error message telling me to "unlock" the bridge on the phone. No idea what that's about. Any suggestions?
    09-16-12 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD