Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By blackjack93117
  • 1 Post By HotJava
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default can you use same BB Id for 2 playbooks?

For those that have 2 playbooks can you use the same BB Id for both and will you have the same apps on both?
    Everyday is a good day...some are just better than others.

Have a Blackberry 9930 for sale, message for info.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,048 Global Posts

I would say NO.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default but you would be wrong.

But don't do this on a PB you're giving away.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Yes and no, but more towards the no. You can use your existing BBID on the new PB, but the first time you launch Appworld it will recognize you're using a new device and ask you if you want to associate your account with it or not.

If you do, then you pretty much need to wipe the old PB so Appworld can be accessed on it, with a new BBID.

Why RIM didn't provide a quicker method of swapping BBIDs on the PB is a different issue...
    Insert signature here.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Okay, what if you don't launch appworld on the old playbook. With all the games you purchased still be able to be used on the old one and the new pb?

my apologies if this is a stupid question lol.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by patpatiar View Post
    Okay, what if you don't launch appworld on the old playbook. With all the games you purchased still be able to be used on the old one and the new pb?

my apologies if this is a stupid question lol.
    in a word, yes.
    The Holy Playbook, B.J. 11:4
    "Why is it so important to a small group (of yes, haters) to attempt to dim my bulb? Unfortunately it only makes it glow brighter..."
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Thanks. I guess it means i have to create another id which is BS, shouldn't have to buy apps twice.

Rant over.
    Everyday is a good day...some are just better than others.

Have a Blackberry 9930 for sale, message for info.
    Banned

PIN
    Wooden shoe like to know

Wow great question - I hadn't even thought of that in my greed to have another playbook

Quote Originally Posted by vgwillm View Post
    Thanks. I guess it means i have to create another id which is BS, shouldn't have to buy apps twice.

Rant over.
    Well ya could have specialize playbooks - an app for that over here - an app for this over there... lol
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-22-2011 at 01:15 AM.
    Thanked by:
    vgwillm (11-22-2011) 
    vgwillm likes this.
    Banned

PIN
    Wooden shoe like to know

LOL! Love your sig line adamman - it sounds familiar can I use it?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack93117 View Post
    LOL! Love your sig line adamman - it sounds familiar can I use it?
    you are welcome. don't forget to properly acknowledge the source though
    "Why is it so important to a small group (of yes, haters) to attempt to dim my bulb? Unfortunately it only makes it glow brighter..."
    Banned

PIN
    Wooden shoe like to know

Quote Originally Posted by adamman View Post
    You're actually cracking me up with your obsession lol. I came in here to get away from you!!
    Damn you may be the first one that has been able to drive me out of crackberry - you're insaane!

Thanks I actually do need to spend some of that leisure time I have gained from playbook, elsewhere I am taking note that people in Australia wake up around 11 PM here and I will make that my bedtime ...

Maybe

Nite nite!
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-22-2011 at 01:37 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack93117 View Post
    You're actually cracking me up with your obsession lol. I came in here to get away from you!!
    Damn you may be the first one that has been able to drive me out of crackberry - you're insaane!

Thanks I actually do need to spend some of that leisure time I have gained from playbook, elsewhere I am taking note that people in Austalia wake up around 11 PM here and I will make that my bedtime ...

Maybe

Nite nite!

good night, bj. no hard feelings
    Banned

PIN
    Wooden shoe like to know

Quote Originally Posted by adamman View Post
    Credit where credit is due - I copy pasted from your "source"
    Hard feelings? Never. Great sense of humor - you just give me a headache at the end of a long US day....
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Default Yes!!!

I have been using 2 playbooks for 2 months with the same BBiD without any issues. The only item to note is the when u launch appworld u are alerted that u are associating your bbid with a new device. The key is to keep your apps in sync. When I purchase an app on one playbook, it automatically becomes available in the "uninstalled" section of the 2nd playbook. Once u install it on the 2nd playbook, you never have to install it again. So you do NOT have to purchase apps twice.

I hadn't planned on using 2 playbooks. I purchased a 64GB pbk with the plan of passing along my 32GB pbk to my sister. Then beta 2 came out which I had to try but didn't want to be stuck with beta software in case I really needed 2 do a presentation or something. Now I travel with both pbks daily 2 work because who wants to be caught off guard when an OS update is released with your playbook sitting at home

I usually don't post but I wanted to respond because it appears that there is confusion that you can't use the same BBID. Yes you can and you don't have to purchase apps twice. I purchase an app once, install it on both pks then my 8yo and I battle each other
    Thanked by 3:
    bgriff25 (11-22-2011),  JeepBB (11-27-2011),  Phylth (01-27-2012) 
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    485 Global Posts

A little off topic, but can I use the same BBID with both my 9930 and PB. I know the apps won't be compatible so how does App World work with a situation like that?
    CrackBerry Master

Can you bridge. 2 playbooks to one berry???????
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    547 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tumer View Post
    Can you bridge. 2 playbooks to one berry???????
    +1 ... I also want to know about the video chat app... If you have the same BBID on 2 Playbooks, can the 2 video chat with each other?
    Torch 9850 (v7.0.1.580)
    2 Blackberry Playbooks 16GB & 64GB

Life isn't about waiting for the Storm to pass,
    It's about learning to dance in the rain call a Storm a Torch!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by bgriff25 View Post
    A little off topic, but can I use the same BBID with both my 9930 and PB. I know the apps won't be compatible so how does App World work with a situation like that?
    Yes.
    On your 9930 the PB apps will simply appear as 'Unavailable for this device" and incompatible apps for the PB will not even show up.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    800 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Foberry View Post
    Yes.
    On your 9930 the PB apps will simply appear as 'Unavailable for this device" and incompatible apps for the PB will not even show up.
    Just purchased a 32GB PB and would also like to use the same BB ID that I am using with my 9900.

Would I encounter any problem?

What will be the issues, if any?

Thanks
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thanks HotJava. I too just got a 2nd Playbook, 64GB to replace my 32GB that I'm hoping my wife gets on with in place of her iPod touch, bigger screen, etc.... but the issue right now I guess is the video chat I initially decided upon getting a 2nd unit for, but that requires an independent BB ID and the side effect is that "if" I decided to run the two on seperate BB ID's I would have to buy apps twice, assuming we both want the same apps

Only had the PB for a few weeks now. Once it has native email support - WOW, then with android support that I've only seen beta videos on YouTube - double WOW.

Obviously I'm keen to get the new OS due in Feb to see if an alternative android app will provide video chat support, but for now, I'm sticking with using 1 BB ID for both and foregoing the BB Video Chat capability
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by HotJava View Post
    I have been using 2 playbooks for 2 months with the same BBiD without any issues. The only item to note is the when u launch appworld u are alerted that u are associating your bbid with a new device. The key is to keep your apps in sync. When I purchase an app on one playbook, it automatically becomes available in the "uninstalled" section of the 2nd playbook. Once u install it on the 2nd playbook, you never have to install it again. So you do NOT have to purchase apps twice.

I hadn't planned on using 2 playbooks. I purchased a 64GB pbk with the plan of passing along my 32GB pbk to my sister. Then beta 2 came out which I had to try but didn't want to be stuck with beta software in case I really needed 2 do a presentation or something. Now I travel with both pbks daily 2 work because who wants to be caught off guard when an OS update is released with your playbook sitting at home

I usually don't post but I wanted to respond because it appears that there is confusion that you can't use the same BBID. Yes you can and you don't have to purchase apps twice. I purchase an app once, install it on both pks then my 8yo and I battle each other
    That is true! I have been using mine exactly as stated above.... I use both PBs to connect to App world just that you have to click "ok" to associate the PB with the BBID each time.

However, the only drawback is that you cannot use video chat if you have both using the same ID. A while ago an expert user had advised me on how to accomplish video chat in such a situation with a work-around but I have tried it yet myself.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by fj_cruiser View Post
    A while ago an expert user had advised me on how to accomplish video chat in such a situation with a work-around but I have tried it yet myself.
    Hi FJ - I'd like to be able to chat between two PBs on the same BBID as well. Do you recall the work-around instructions you got? If so please share.

Dave
    Bold 9900 / 32G PB

Global Posts
    9,323 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?

Quote Originally Posted by bgriff25 View Post
    Yes you can !
    Since apps for phone and PB are not (yet) the same, you'll be displayed what is available for each. No headache (did this on myPB and 9900).
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares