For those who have both the rapid charging pod and convertible case. Is it possible to use both of them at the same time?
    04-20-11 07:15 AM
    Nope. Just tried it and it doesn't fit. Even bringing the case back, there's rubber along the edges and it wont fit.

Also on a side note: impossible to hit the power button with the case on. Have to fold it back a tiny bit to hit the power button. The volume buttons are hard to hit, but you can hit them. It's like they used hard plastic to have as the buttons on the case that covers the real buttons.

But the case is sweet and I think the best one out there at the moment.
    sayg and SlcCorrado like this.
    04-20-11 11:41 AM
    dang this is too bad I don't want to have to choose between the two

I just got my hands on charging pods from staples too !

Agree that the power button is next to impossible to hit with this thing.. but I liked the case otherwise.
    04-20-11 02:32 PM
    Yea both are amazing accessories. May take the charging pod back and get the rapid charger instead. Or just hang onto it when I get tired of the case. I dunno, both are great. I like the case a little bit more though cause it gets more use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-11 02:42 PM
    I had both and chose the charging pod for the simple reason that the bb case made the buttons feel horrible. I do love the charging pod...way to much to return it.
    04-20-11 02:49 PM
    maybe somebody can 'modify' the case with a dremel

expose the buttons and maybe cut off the lower 1/8th of the hard plastic so it can sit in the charging pod.
    04-20-11 03:03 PM
    Anybody tried the rapid charging stand with the Playbook skin?
    04-20-11 03:17 PM
    Case is so good and nice to use, I just take it off and am putting it on the charging pod at night, and then putting it on during the day. It's good enough, and easy enough to take off, that I don't mind taking it off everytime I need to.
    04-20-11 11:58 PM
    ^ really? I think repeated removal and re-entry with the convertible case's 'hard shell' will eventually scratch something or it itself will bend/warp.

Plus if I get a zagg screen protector or something that probably wouldn't be a good option as it could mess up the edges. Hmmmmmm don't know what to do

04-21-11 12:01 AM
    Case is so good and nice to use, I just take it off and am putting it on the charging pod at night, and then putting it on during the day. It's good enough, and easy enough to take off, that I don't mind taking it off everytime I need to.
    ^^ considering doing this as well. Definitely getting a charging pod and the convertable case looks like one of the best ones available so far. I am wondering if the constant removal of the pb from the case would cause any wear and tear?
    04-21-11 12:11 AM
    Im getting a Charging Pod for sure, Im just debating on the Convertible case or the Barely there case.
    04-21-11 12:23 AM
    Are you guys talking about the case from Best Buy? BlackBerry - Convertible Case for BlackBerry PlayBook Tablets - Black - 36881BBR

I bought one yesterday and the power button is absolutely unusable so I'm thinking about returning it. There has to be something better, no?
    04-21-11 12:26 AM
    maybe somebody can 'modify' the case with a dremel
    Did you just give me an excuse to use my Dremel? I'm always looking for an excuse.
    04-21-11 12:38 AM
    Are you guys talking about the case from Best Buy? BlackBerry - Convertible Case for BlackBerry PlayBook Tablets - Black - 36881BBR

I bought one yesterday and the power button is absolutely unusable so I'm thinking about returning it. There has to be something better, no?
    Honestly, it's so easy to flip up that small part of the top of the case to hit the power button when you need to. The case is so useful and the stand makes it so nice to sit on your lap and type or on a desk. All the minor issues with it (i.e. the power button) are worth dealing with. I don't think there's a better more practical case out there.
    04-21-11 12:53 AM
    ^ really? I think repeated removal and re-entry with the convertible case's 'hard shell' will eventually scratch something or it itself will bend/warp.

Plus if I get a zagg screen protector or something that probably wouldn't be a good option as it could mess up the edges. Hmmmmmm don't know what to do

^^ considering doing this as well. Definitely getting a charging pod and the convertable case looks like one of the best ones available so far. I am wondering if the constant removal of the pb from the case would cause any wear and tear?
    I'll let you guys know in a week or so if I notice any scratching or any part of it seems weaker. I don't foresee this issue, but you never know I guess. It seems pretty easy to take off and put on.
    04-21-11 12:55 AM
    I haven't found a single case that is compatible with the charging pod.

I'm not surprised though. I've used a cradle/dock to charge my last 4 BlackBerries (9800, 9700, 8900, 8310), and not one of them was compatible with a case. Its part of the reason why I love holsters, yet hate hard cases and skins.

As ridiculous as it would look, I would love a holster for my PlayBook.
    04-21-11 01:49 AM
    Honestly, it's so easy to flip up that small part of the top of the case to hit the power button when you need to. The case is so useful and the stand makes it so nice to sit on your lap and type or on a desk. All the minor issues with it (i.e. the power button) are worth dealing with. I don't think there's a better more practical case out there.
    That's what I have been doing but it does get old.

What I did to fix it was wad up a small piece of paper and put it over the power button and then put some scotch tape over it. I tested it outside the cover and it worked fine. Put the PB inside the cover and there is no noticeable bulge or anything. Works like a charm!
    04-21-11 02:38 AM

I'm not surprised though. I've used a cradle/dock to charge my last 4 BlackBerries (9800, 9700, 8900, 8310), and not one of them was compatible with a case. Its part of the reason why I love holsters, yet hate hard cases and skins.

I did see a holster type pouch for the Playbook on a website. So I am sure it is only a matter of time....lol Looks like a large leather envelope.

Cheers,
    04-21-11 02:40 AM

the zipper case would work

I know what you mean... Just doesn't feel like a blackberry without a holster.

04-21-11 02:46 AM
    That's what I have been doing but it does get old.

What I did to fix it was wad up a small piece of paper and put it over the power button and then put some scotch tape over it. I tested it outside the cover and it worked fine. Put the PB inside the cover and there is no noticeable bulge or anything. Works like a charm!
    so just put some paper over the playbook power button, tape it to the playbook, and then the power button is easy to hit with the case on?

Thanks i'll try that.
    04-21-11 09:05 AM
    so just put some paper over the playbook power button, tape it to the playbook, and then the power button is easy to hit with the case on?

Thanks i'll try that.
    You got it.
    04-21-11 09:45 AM
    Just ordered my convertible case & charging pod from RIM (bundle 2) for $94.99 + free shipping & no tax....cant wait!
    04-21-11 02:43 PM
    I modified my Convertible Case so it works with the Charging Stand:

PlayBook Geek: Pimp my PlayBook

I also modified the stand to make it easier to use - but this is optional. Cutting the case is all that's necessary. I expect RIM will make the same modification in future releases,
    05-09-11 08:50 AM
    I modified my Convertible Case so it works with the Charging Stand:

PlayBook Geek: Pimp my PlayBook

I also modified the stand to make it easier to use - but this is optional. Cutting the case is all that's necessary. I expect RIM will make the same modification in future releases,
    is there any other way to not cut into the case and it will still work on the pod? I'm 1 click away from getting bundle 2 but it just bugs me that the case doesn't work with the pod but I really want both...
    07-28-11 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD