Can you open a new web page in a new tab with playbook?
    05-28-11 02:09 PM
    yes, pull down from the top bezel while in the browser and you'll get that option
    05-28-11 02:10 PM
    I was thinking more of like right clicking on mouse and opening link in new tab
    05-28-11 02:18 PM
    ohhhhh open a link.... my bad.
    K, then hold down on the link and you will get the option to "open link in new tab"
    05-28-11 02:20 PM
    I have found, most links inside webpages open in a new tab anyways. But yes, it is possible.
    05-28-11 02:31 PM
    Hold you finger over the link for a couple of seconds, it will give you a choice to open ....
    that's what she said....
    05-28-11 08:30 PM
    somehow, I cannot open a browser link in a new tab. When I keep pressing on a link, the page kind of 'vibrates' for up to a couple of seconds, but there is no menu popping up. I can ope a new tab manually by pressing the new tab button, but opening a link in a new tab, impossible. I have the latest os version...
    thanks
    KB
    05-31-11 07:22 AM
    Well, that is strange.. When I hold down my finger on a link in a page I get a menu that includes an option to open the link in a new tab..

Good luck!

somehow, I cannot open a browser link in a new tab. When I keep pressing on a link, the page kind of 'vibrates' for up to a couple of seconds, but there is no menu popping up. I can ope a new tab manually by pressing the new tab button, but opening a link in a new tab, impossible. I have the latest os version...
    thanks
    KB
    05-31-11 07:34 AM
    I saw the menu for the first time! Didnt do anything special, but I cannot reproduce this. Somehow the pages keep vibrating. I cleared the cache (clear all)... didnt help as i just vibrates.... Im thinking hard reset (what does it really do?)

any help?
    05-31-11 07:38 AM
    can it be my screen protector that causes a small imprecision for the screen sensor, causing the screen to vibrate ?
    05-31-11 07:41 AM
    wow.... hang on to your hats.... Im using the microUSB charger from my Storm to charge my PB and that was the problem... it has different mA specs, and probably screws up some chip circuitry from the touch screen. Unplugging the charger, the everything is ok.....

hope this helps someone else... maybe a new thread or adding this to the PB tips and trick thread.
    05-31-11 08:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD