Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Herve5
  • 2 Post By Herve5
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Can you make picture sub folders?

Does anyone know if you can make picture folders? I have like 300+ pictures on my playbook and I would love to make folders in my playbook for some of them.

Thanks in advance!
    CrackBerry Genius

Default Re: Can you make picture sub folders?

Yes you can. You'll need a file browser to do it- Air Browser (basic functionality) or Ghost Commander (much greater functionality), both free in app world, will do.
    CrackBerry Master

... or Files & Folders, which has the added bonus of a built-in slideshow function and cloud access.
    ORBIT for BB10 - The World In Your Pocket - World, Time, Weather in spectacular 3D. Demo on our site!

Files & Folders
    for PlayBook and BB10: a powerful unified file, folder & cloud manager and media streamer with integrated SkyDrive, Google Docs, Google Drive, SugarSync, Dropbox, Box, thumbnails and more - Free 3-day trial! - Voted Best New BlackBerry App
    CrackBerry Addict

Unfortunately, the pictures app still shows every folder all on the top level.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Experience with Windows, Mac OS, IOS, Palm OS, Android, BlackBerry OS, QNX, Windows Mobile and a variety of other devices.
    * Long time reseller of MDaemon® Messaging Server, BlackBerry® Edition
    Over 25 years of technology experience.
    Background in Avionics, self-taught on computers since the days of MS-DOS 2.0.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    731 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Innovatology View Post
    ... or Files & Folders, which has the added bonus of a built-in slideshow function and cloud access.
    How do you do a sideshow with Files and Folders? And can you make it loop so that you don't have to keep re-starting it?
    CrackBerry Abuser

simple answer, yes. do this within the photos directory, not camera directory. use a file browser which gives thumbnails and simply select and move to the new folder. once you go to the photos app you will be see all your photos in different collections, as per the folder you organised them into. look for the free file browser app in app world, you don't need files and folders to accomplish this.

hope this helps. I've done this loads, especially when copying new photos over from computer to pb
    I own a Playbook - who says men can't multitask!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bay1902 View Post
    once you go to the photos app you will be see all your photos in different collections, as per the folder you organised them into
    You mean the photos app will display sub-folders as first level folders ?

The pictures app will treat all folders and subfolders alike, creating albums for all of them. And we know how it shows albums.

I gave up having too many images on he PlayBook due to that. It can get messy and if you need to send an image as an attachment.... Oh boy...
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | Papo GP 10 | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Bakamushi View Post
    You mean the photos app will display sub-folders as first level folders ?
    When i've done it (for example copying from the computer or moving files internally) I have the sub-folder setup in the 'Photos' directory. I make a folder for an event - i.e. Birthday, Holiday, whatever. I then select the thumbnails of the images I want to move in the file browser, move to relevant sub-folder. Back in the Photos app you will then see each are their own collection as per the sub-folder, i.e. you'll have a photo collection according to the sub-folder name, i.e. Birthday, Holiday, etc. You can do this, as stated, using either the file browser app, or through connection to your computer (PC or Mac) and browsing the 'media' drive as you would do when connected to the computer.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by jhanks64 View Post
    Unfortunately, the pictures app still shows every folder all on the top level.
    ... which is why you need Files and Folders
    I bought it just for this...
    Innovatology likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by ALToronto View Post
    How do you do a sideshow with Files and Folders? And can you make it loop so that you don't have to keep re-starting it?
    on the left side, alog with other possible commands ('New folder', etc.) you do have a 'Slide show' command, with a nice triangular arrow. The slide show indeed is capable to handle lots of images, and large (DSLR) ones, not just tiny things.

You can swipe down to access settings, where you select the pause duration, start/stop very simply. It does cycle back to first image when reaching the last one.

(and here I am sending two posts in a row to advertise F&F -which I indeed use- while its startup time is sooo slower than File Browser... But FB doesn't do slideshows...)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Sorry to disagree, I have NEVER had to use Files & Folders to accomplish this. Just my 2pence. IF you setup the folders in the way I described you can simply use the free file browser app to look at thumbnails & move to relevant folder desired as a sub-folder within the Photos directory.