As the title says, can iTunes purchased music be converted to work on the Playbook Music Player?
    04-20-11 07:52 PM
    I'm not sure but if the iTunes item is not protected, which I doubt, I don't see why not. If you can play the file on your BB phone then yes you can play it on your PlayBook.
    04-20-11 08:03 PM
    Send and emaill to Steve Jobs. See what his reply is.....
    04-20-11 08:04 PM
    I was able to transfer over my entire music collection from iTunes using the Blackberry Desktop Software. This included several songs I had purchased via iTunes. Every song plays just fine on the PB. No converting necessary, just select the option to sync with your iTunes account from the Desktop software and it will open up iTunes and then you can select the songs/playlists/albums/artists you want to sync.
    04-20-11 08:25 PM
    As long as the songs that you purchased are DRM free you should not have any problems. I am not sure how you can tell exactly but the ones with DRM will only play on apple products.
    04-20-11 08:28 PM
    Yeah i transferred 1085 songs today over and 185 didn't transfer b/c of iTunes DRM
    04-20-11 08:35 PM
    I'm not sure when the DRM was removed from iTunes, but my older iTunes songs won't transfer. Newer stuff (~2-3 years old) works fine.
    04-20-11 08:38 PM
    has anyone tried to transfer to transfer movies or rentals from itunes?
    04-20-11 09:15 PM
    thanks all for your help. i did transfer the files using dm, but the songs i purchased from itunes won't play on the player. they show up on the player but error when i try to play them.
    04-20-11 09:27 PM
    there is a program you can search for called drm-removal that will do just that for older itunes files. its $39 but works great if you have a large collection. otherwise the upgrade to itunes plus feature works fine for just a few files.
    04-20-11 09:35 PM
    has anyone tried to transfer to transfer movies or rentals from itunes?
    I just tried to transfer a digital copy of a movie (m4v) over from itunes - didnt work. Im trying another Digital copy now thats saved on my pc in a wmv format

Edit-
    the wmv digital copy didnt work either....wont play DRM protected media
    Last edited by psiclne; 04-20-11 at 09:38 PM.
    04-20-11 09:35 PM
    gotta use drm stripper software to get rid of drm protected files...i tried a few software and none of them were good....it took FOREVER (2+ hours) to convert one movie (depends on how long the movie is)....i gave up...not gonna transfer any of my digital copies onto my pb....
    04-20-11 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD