Basically this european case looks like what I wish, including loading/connecting while closed, but the photos don't show a position where I would just 'eliminate' the front cover by folding it below the PB. Any experience here?
    TIA!
    Herv�
    Last edited by Herve5; 01-13-13 at 12:14 PM.
    01-13-13 06:35 AM
    Hi Herve
    (Sorry, don't know how to do 'thingy's' over the 'e' - UK keyboard - no disrespect intended )

I've not seen this cover anywhere until you've just mentioned it so looked it up. It certainly looks nice and slim. Like you, no photos of it being folded back, which is something I like a cover to be able to do.

However, watching a YouTube on this cover, it would seem as though two leather bits are the 'spine' and look flexible enough to do that. I'm not sure if the 'clasps', or whatever they are, on the front would then be in the way?

An advantage of this cover is that it will apparently allow the Playbook to be docked on the Rapid Charging Dock, without removing the case - a big plus for me! I haven't seen a picture of this, though.

I will follow this thread with interest, as I rather like this cover but, like you, I'd like to know more Thanks for posting

Cheers
    Herve5 likes this.
    01-13-13 06:29 PM
    Sure it foldes back! Buy it, I guarantee that you will love it. It is just perfect!
    Herve5 likes this.
    01-14-13 10:18 AM
    I'm not sure if the 'clasps', or whatever they are, on the front would then be in the way?
    jjfc-What about the clasp thingy's on the front? If they are semi/rigid, are they going to be a nuisance when the cover is folded back, ie won't lie flat on surface, dig into legs etc?
    Thanks
    01-14-13 10:29 AM
    No problem for the legs. I think they are very usefull: now, I'm holding my PB with my left hand and my forefinger docked
    in the left one, while I'm typing with my right hand; besides, if you use it on a table they provide a small inclination, very usefull foto typing.
    Herve5 likes this.
    01-14-13 11:26 AM
    So, I take it that they are rigid clasps then?

Sounds good. Thanks for the further information. Hope Herve has found this helpful too?

Thanks very much
    01-14-13 11:37 AM
    Yes, stilgut did a good job! Not easy to find better. There is another thing that is not seen in the pictures - the front is slightly padded, which is good to protect the screen.
    01-14-13 12:24 PM
    Perfect -and thanks to all of you (this forum is definitely the best )
    I just bought it on Amazon (paradoxically, it was costlier to buy directly on Stilgut...), I'll come back here when I get it!
    Thanks again,
    Herv�
    GooseberryFool likes this.
    01-14-13 01:02 PM
    OK, this is just to mention I got it in the mail yesterday*. Apart the fact it is a bit "more black than expected" (how serious it looks!) it's absolutely as foldable as anyone would expect, allows any connection when closed (including chargers), and appears the only one I found that protects the edges of the tablet (i. e., the place where most probably it will hit ground when falling). When open, the multiple small 'fingers' around the PB look really nifty. So, I'm definitely happy.
    Thanks you all!
    H.

(*) indeed there have been some snowflakes showing in the south of France, which here immediately translates into an almost pre-war environment --it becomes normal to get huge delivery delays... these days, I hope I won't cross a Canadian friend
    01-19-13 05:30 AM
    (*) indeed there have been some snowflakes showing in the south of France, which here immediately translates into an almost pre-war environment --it becomes normal to get huge delivery delays... these days, I hope I won't cross a Canadian friend
    If it makes you feel any better about the snow, FedEx shutdown operations in the eastern USA thus delaying the delivery of my Bluetooth headset by 2 days. For those interested the JayBird BlueBud X Bluetooth headset pairs with the BlackBerry PlayBook and works flawlessly. On Friday, I had to shovel the driveway for the second time in 3 days.
    Herve5 likes this.
    01-19-13 06:49 AM
    OK, this is just to mention I got it in the mail yesterday*. Apart the fact it is a bit "more black than expected" (how serious it looks!) it's absolutely as foldable as anyone would expect, allows any connection when closed (including chargers), and appears the only one I found that protects the edges of the tablet (i. e., the place where most probably it will hit ground when falling). When open, the multiple small 'fingers' around the PB look really nifty. So, I'm definitely happy.
    Thanks you all!
    H.
    When you say that it allows access to all chargers even when closed does this include the rapid charging stand ? looking at the pictures I can't workout if the spines are just a bit to thick to allow it to connect to the charging stand

anyone got any pictures of it on a charging stand with the cover on

Tkgafs
    01-21-13 09:40 AM
    When you say that it allows access to all chargers even when closed does this include the rapid charging stand ? looking at the pictures I can't workout if the spines are just a bit to thick to allow it to connect to the charging stand

anyone got any pictures of it on a charging stand with the cover on

Tkgafs
    Hi
    Yippee!!! My Stilgut case arrived just this afternoon - Oh, so exciting, eh?

Anyway, to confirm, YES, the Playbook CAN be charged on the dock with the case ON

So, I took a photo. If you look, you can see the 'bolt' on the battery, demonstrating that the battery is actually charging at the time, on the dock. It is also VERY easy to remove from the case, should you need to although, as it will go on the charger dock with the case still fitted, I see no reason to have to remove it - ever!

Also, for completeness really, I thought it might be useful to see how the angle can be adjusted to suit your requirement at the time.

I'm loving this case already and I've only fitted it and checked it goes on the charger!!! It certainly is VERY slim, as it's name suggests.

Apologies for some of the photos being a bit blurred - must have been shaking with excitement ... !!!! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Can the Stilgut case fold entierely back?-20130122_164415r.jpg

Can the Stilgut case fold entierely back?-20130122_164621r.jpg

Can the Stilgut case fold entierely back?-20130122_164632r.jpg

Can the Stilgut case fold entierely back?-20130122_164645r.jpg
    Herve5, jjfc and tkgafs like this.
    01-22-13 11:12 AM