if you just chat than skype beta that i used on 2.0 will work for you perfectly. skype run perfectly fine on 2.0 but there is no video chat or audio chat. just chat.
    if theres no video or audio whats left?i use skype pn my itouch with the headphones and built in mic to talk to my wife and kids,what do u mean theres no video or audio,i thought thats what skype was a video and or audio app
    12-15-11 08:47 PM
    First I dont know what your native language is, and it seems you did not get the whole point that I replied to your post trying to give you options if you wanted to use skype like video options.... I took time to tell you that you can try a few different types for now if you need to use a video option sooner than later (which in short is represented by the use of the word 'desperate').

I write in these forums everday and I help everyone who comes here asking for stuff related to the Playbook, if you dont see that go look up my threads/posts you will know yourself.

Next time when you call names please reread the posts, understand what is been said, before you call names..... for now I shall discount your post as you misreading mine completely.......
    my primary language is spanish and im proud about it, i know you did gave me some other option witch i already know about it but i still preciate you trying to help me out in that mather! what i dont preciate was your arrogance using desperated word, in that case you are the one miss reading my post witch i did not ask you what should i do to video chat, all i ask was if someone know if skype was coming or not, so i guess i was very especific on my post even thou i got some spelling issue still very clear to anyone, so please dont try to use phsicology or wathever you wanna call it in your own primary language because dont matter how you put it still sounds arrogant because i did not ask you that, i know thats a big issue here when some of you think are better than anyone because have more tecnology knoledge than other, just keep it moving and trust me you can take it how ever you want!!!
    12-15-11 10:45 PM
    i dont think they were trying to insult you.I think this may be an issue of language barrier.They were implying that if you wanted to use a video chat desperately (really bad) then there are some other options.
    hey, here we have the devils advocated!!! were you were when the oj simpson case?? please dont even try the language barrier issue againts me because my post was short and very understandable, even with some miss speling, so please dont be defending people when you know i was arrogant! i know he was regardless your opinion, just let it go, if you want to!
    12-15-11 10:51 PM
    Moderators please close this thread.... before it turns into an unnecessary drama.
    12-15-11 10:56 PM
    I sent an email to skype about 1 week ago and their reply was yes they're working on it and it will be released in early 2012

I think we might see this when OS2 rolls-out.
    12-15-11 11:18 PM
    Moderators please close this thread.... before it turns into an unnecessary drama.
    i agree with you, is a unesesary drama because our own bb people try to put us down!! i mean put me down! this are the things need to stop, they try to treat me like im a belong to another forum, we are all bb user in here so they should not be puttin us down like that!! save that arrogance for someone from another forum, not to me, im a bb user my self and i do have to ask wathever i want to my fellows bb user without being put down because of my languages issue, at least i try my best
    12-15-11 11:32 PM
    i agree with you, is a unesesary drama because our own bb people try to put us down!! i mean put me down! this are the things need to stop, they try to treat me like im a belong to another forum, we are all bb user in here so they should not be puttin us down like that!! save that arrogance for someone from another forum, not to me, im a bb user my self and i do have to ask wathever i want to my fellows bb user without being put down because of my languages issue, at least i try my best
    i meant i do have the right to ask wathever doubt i got to my fellows bb brother without being put down!
    12-15-11 11:34 PM
    If microsoft was smart, they would make a skype app for the playbook. Charge as much as $19.99 for it and I'm sure it would sell.
    victorshikhman likes this.
    12-15-11 11:49 PM
    hey, here we have the devils advocated!!! were you were when the oj simpson case?? please dont even try the language barrier issue againts me because my post was short and very understandable, even with some miss speling, so please dont be defending people when you know i was arrogant! i know he was regardless your opinion, just let it go, if you want to!
    good lord, as a latino citizen myself i can tell you that indeed there is a language barrier and it has nothing to do with spelling. i've had people think i was insulting them when i wasn't trying to. it also cuts both ways as things have been said to me in spanish that i would find insulting but to them it's nothing. it's all about the culture you grow up in...i urge you to go rent the movie Lost in Translation. now you might find what i'm saying insulting but i'm actually trying to help you as i'm sure you will run into the same problem with someone else again.
    12-16-11 01:35 AM
    If microsoft was smart, they would make a skype app for the playbook. Charge as much as $19.99 for it and I'm sure it would sell.
    that's absurd, i wouldn't pay that much for that or any other app. i would have to be desperate to do that (pun) when i could just use my laptop just as easily...for free.
    12-16-11 01:42 AM
    that's absurd, i wouldn't pay that much for that or any other app. i would have to be desperate to do that (pun) when i could just use my laptop just as easily...for free.
    I'd pay for it! Isn't IM+ $19.99 anyway?
    12-16-11 02:39 AM
    I sent an email to skype about 1 week ago and their reply was yes they're working on it and it will be released in early 2012

I think we might see this when OS2 rolls-out.
    Like many of us, the Skype people are probably waiting to see if RIM stays in the tablet business before tasking someone to learn QNX

Isn't there any other program out there that is compatible with Skype's communication protocols? that is, where you could have Skype on one end and the other program on the other?
    12-16-11 02:56 AM
    my primary language is spanish and im proud about it, i know you did gave me some other option witch i already know about it but i still preciate you trying to help me out in that mather! what i dont preciate was your arrogance using desperated word, in that case you are the one miss reading my post witch i did not ask you what should i do to video chat, all i ask was if someone know if skype was coming or not, so i guess i was very especific on my post even thou i got some spelling issue still very clear to anyone, so please dont try to use phsicology or wathever you wanna call it in your own primary language because dont matter how you put it still sounds arrogant because i did not ask you that, i know thats a big issue here when some of you think are better than anyone because have more tecnology knoledge than other, just keep it moving and trust me you can take it how ever you want!!!
    Dude, you need to chill. Someone tries to help you and this is your thanks?
    12-16-11 03:09 AM
    That makes no sense. So, it's ok to raid Google and run Android that is also a direct competitor, that also is the market leader, but you won't work with MS for Skype? Come on.......
    Android is open source and that means everyone has access to the source code to implement their own versions. Google has no say over that. However, Google does control their own apps, like Gmail, Google Maps, etc. and the Google Apps Marketplace. If you want those things, you'll need approval from Google. That's where their control is.

Skype is closed source, thus no RIM "raiding". RIM can pay Skype to develop one or make one themselves via Skype's API, but if the latter happens, RIM can't brand it as Skype, probably just Skype compatible.
    12-16-11 03:12 AM
    Microsoft does need to charge money for it... Skype hasn't been very profitable...

Skype Financials
    12-16-11 03:20 AM
    All.... The OP asked a specific question about a specifically named application. The thread has drifted into pointless off topic bickering. CLOSED!
    Barljo likes this.
    12-16-11 04:30 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD