Unfortunately last night I dropped my lovely playbook on the bathroom... And the glass cracked.. I was so mad I could barely sleep. I called playbook support this morning and the guy told me I'm not eligible for a free fix because I'm a PlayBook owner for over a year now, so then I asked him how much would cost me, and he said he didn't know, then he said I was going to get a box from them so I can send the PB.. And then when they receive the PB then they will let me know, does anyone is familiar with this situation and can tell me how much it costs? The OS and screen sensitivity is 100% I just want it looking pretty back again! LOL! Please anyone help, thanks in advance
    01-07-13 08:08 AM
    Sorry about that bro. Surely BECAUSE you've been a BlackBerry owner for longer than a year you SHOULD BE eligible for a free fix. Not the other way round.
    kidkamel likes this.
    01-07-13 08:13 AM
    Sorry about that bro. Surely BECAUSE you've been a BlackBerry owner for longer than a year you SHOULD BE eligible for a free fix. Not the other way round.
    Yeah, no. That's not how it works at all, haha. Are you familiar with how a warranty works?

OP, you should be able to get a screen for under 50. Maybe have a friend put it in if you can
    01-07-13 08:18 AM
    Yeah, no. That's not how it works at all, haha. Are you familiar with how a warranty works?
    Obviously. But I'm just saying how it SHOULD be.
    01-07-13 08:21 AM
    Sure, I get that. It would be nice

On a side note: You have to wonder if the PB would have even been released the way it was if T.H. Had been in charge at the time of release
    nappalonia likes this.
    01-07-13 08:39 AM
    RIM is usually good with the customers. The fact that they would send out a box to you for repair, you might not have to pay for it. Keep your finger cross!!
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    01-07-13 09:16 AM
    They used to have a flat fee regardless of the repair.Around $125-$150. You can buy one for that now. I'm sure someone that knows will chime in. I had a cracked screen on my second PB a while back and replaced it myself for $69. That was the digitizer and frame already assembled. The second screen I replaced for one of ours here at work cost $47. That was digitizer only. If you're pretty good with your hands and a patient person, its not a bad repair and it didn't take that long. If you choose to do it yourself OP, research the forum, plenty of advice on it or DM me. Good luck!
    01-07-13 09:30 AM
    Some people have replaced the screen themselves. Not impossible but it takes some tinkering and a bit of skill from what I've seen. The main issue is getting the complete screen-assembly so you are not dickering with the glues holding the digitizer to its underlying metal frame.

If you can get a Moderator to change the title of your thread to something like "how to fix broken screen" the Fixers might jump in. Or try searching for some of those threads.

From what has been written here, the price of such repair varies by the gigabyte size of the unit!!!!

You might find purchasing a new one at current sale prices is easier or cheaper.

good luck
    01-07-13 09:49 AM