I am interested in getting a controller for my TV so that when my friends come over we can watch HD videos. Some of my friends have a cheap PC hooked up to their TV and use a logitech controller to navigate youtube and watch videos. I am interested in doing that using only a playbook but I am worried that it won't work properly with youtube.

I read the playbook can output 1080p videos stored locally but can it output 1080p web browsing to a TV as well? Not upscalled 1080p or crap like that, the true stuff.
    05-23-11 09:12 PM
    It doesnt necessarily output the video, all it does (like any HDMI connection) is mirror the screen on your playbook to tv. Open your youtube video and put it in fullscreen and there you have a fullscreen video on your tv.
    05-23-11 10:18 PM
    I was asking if the playbook can output true 1080p youtube videos to a TV that aren't upscaled even though it can't display true 1080p on the actual tablet. I'm aware that it can display a mirror image like pretty much every other device on the market.

Does the playbook have a native youtube app or is it all web based?
    05-23-11 10:36 PM
    I was asking if the playbook can output true 1080p youtube videos to a TV that aren't upscaled even though it can't display true 1080p on the actual tablet. I'm aware that it can display a mirror image like pretty much every other device on the market.

it does have native youtube app and its good.
    05-24-11 12:20 AM

it outputs full1080p but you have an option for 720p also.
    05-24-11 12:22 AM
    from my comparisons, the Youtube App is 720p.

Also, I do not get a full screen when i watch 1080p videos in 1:1 mode. Full will fill the screen, but it is obviously processed. The text has aliasing. 1080p videos on a 1080p display should not have text aliasing, or atleast not as noticeable as it is.

Dont get me wrong, its a nice picture. It just doesnt look like native 1080p should.

Presenter mode is just "Fill" for me. I turned on a 480p DVD and it filled the whole screen.
    Last edited by Blacklac; 05-24-11 at 12:56 AM.
    05-24-11 12:33 AM
    Even better, go to the you tube web sight on playbook, press the video you want and then copy the web address. Then go to this page: PlayBook Revolution: Download and save any video to BlackBerry Playbook from Youtube, Dailymotion, Metacafe and more! and then paste your link then hit download. You then have the option to save the video at low, 480p, 720p, or 1080p directly to your playbook, for future viewing on the playbook or to your tv in 1080p.
    05-24-11 01:50 AM
    What I've found out, only the native video app plays 1080p at the moment...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-11 05:30 AM
    When RIM finally gets dlna set up you will abandon the hdmi cord. Doesnt the playbook support orb?
    05-24-11 05:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD