Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Can the Playbook help my feature film with an .swf video?!?! HELP!

Hi,

This is a desperate cry for help...!!
    In 5 days I am producing a low budget feature film (Longtails - The Movie - Home). I have been let down by the Art Department who were supposed to be designing a futuristic looking Cash Safe Facia. It was supposed to have a keypad entry system to allow 4 different combinations of 2 digit numbers to open the safe...

I was about to start looking for random keyboard numberpads to attachto the front of the safe but then I had a thought:

Would it be possible to create a flash animation of a keypad with display and menu options to play through my Playbook attached to the front of the safe?!

A lot could be done in post production with sound effects and grading but it would be great to have something nice looking on set.... I don't have the first idea about how to create it though...any help would be much appreciated (might even get you a feature film credit!!)

Thanks very much!
    Rich

Good luck - I hope someone has some great suggestions.

Yes, you could have a little flash app running that would work just fine. Just make sure people don't swipe while using it!

Noir, locked in an old house, low levels of trust, big time loot. Nice plot! Let us know when it ks done!
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | Papo GP 10 | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,970 Global Posts

find any website on the internet that has a flash app like this and see if it works.
    i wish i could code one for you quick, but i have no idea how lol
    ------------------------>LIST OF WORKING Android Apps for Z10/BB10 ---200 SO FAR!!! <------------------------
    CrackBerry Master

Do you have a design, mock-up or sketch? What "look" are you going for?
    ORBIT for BB10 - The World In Your Pocket - World, Time, Weather in spectacular 3D. Demo on our site!

Files & Folders
    for PlayBook and BB10: a powerful unified file, folder & cloud manager and media streamer with integrated SkyDrive, Google Docs, Google Drive, SugarSync, Dropbox, Box, thumbnails and more - Free 3-day trial! - Voted Best New BlackBerry App
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    660 Global Posts

You can save a SWF file on the local filesystem, then load it in the web browser by navigating to the file path (e.g. file:///accounts/1000/shared/whatever). Just make sure Flash content is enabled in the web browser settings. There shouldn't be a space in the folder name, an underscore _ is OK. I use it all the time for presentation and training materials in Flash form.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,970 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blueberrymerry View Post
    You can save a SWF file on the local filesystem, then load it in the web browser by navigating to the file path (e.g. file:///accounts/1000/shared/whatever). Just make sure Flash content is enabled in the web browser settings. There shouldn't be a space in the folder name, an underscore _ is OK. I use it all the time for presentation and training materials in Flash form.
    Yup. But we need to find one first!

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    ------------------------>LIST OF WORKING Android Apps for Z10/BB10 ---200 SO FAR!!! <------------------------
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    660 Global Posts

I thought the OP already had a working Flash file... Instead of making a Flash animation, why not do something with HTML and Javascript? Use images for buttons and come up with some script to change the display show a "Wrong password" or "Success!" message. You could grab some sample JS calculator apps and work from there
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Thanks very much everyone...!
    So it does seem possible then? I don't have a mock up but I can do one simply enough.... What would be the best way to go about creating/having made an .swf?
    And how could it work?

Would it be possible to have a keypad with a display saying:
    'Enter first code...'
    'Accepted...'
    'Enter second code.....'
    etc etc

As for HTML and Javascript....I'm open to ideas!

The film is set in an abandoned building site of a house, which is really run down but the safe has been put there very recently and needs to look completely out of place. We want an impressive hi tech feel to it...

Thanks so much guys :-)