Yeah, I know this sounds like a stupid question, but I want to make sure. Can I use the same USB cord that I have for my 9810 as an extra cord for my PlayBook ? (Actually I have three extra cords, but who's counting?)
    12-16-11 09:27 PM
    some have tried bb wall charger to charge the pb but they found it to charge very slowly and some cases get hot.but if you plan on using the torch usb cord to transfer stuff between pb and pc/laptop don't see that panning out.could be worth a try.
    12-16-11 10:04 PM
    No, I was just talking about the cable for data transfer between my PB and my computers.
    12-16-11 10:06 PM
    I've done it with my 9850 cord and visa versa without thinking about it. Didn't notice anything amiss.
    12-16-11 10:12 PM
    I've done it with my 9850 cord and visa versa without thinking about it. Didn't notice anything amiss.
    Cool. That's what I thought, but, you know...Safety first!
    12-16-11 10:14 PM
    Too true. I wouldn't have done it if I was thinking LOL.
    12-16-11 10:19 PM
    There are not stupid questions, just stupid answers, keep asking my friend we will be glad to help you

plug in and enjoy
    Last edited by remi99; 12-16-11 at 10:25 PM.
    knightfall likes this.
    12-16-11 10:22 PM
    Using the usb cord is not a problem. Using the charger from the torch will be. The PB requires a higher output from the charger than a phone. It will work in a pinch but on a regular bases you will shorten the battery life if the PB
    12-16-11 10:25 PM
    Using the usb cord is not a problem. Using the charger from the torch will be. The PB requires a higher output from the charger than a phone. It will work in a pinch but on a regular bases you will shorten the battery life if the PB
    Again, I never considered the Torch data cable to plug into the wall as a charger. I bought an extra PlayBook charger cord and a charging dock, and they both arrived today. My PB sits beside me on its dock playing an Amazon Prime streaming video (Terry Gilliam's "Time Bandits") right now, even as I post.
    12-16-11 10:33 PM
    Again, I never considered the Torch data cable to plug into the wall as a charger. I bought an extra PlayBook charger cord and a charging dock, and they both arrived today. My PB sits beside me on its dock playing an Amazon Prime streaming video (Terry Gilliam's "Time Bandits") right now, even as I post.
    LOL my sister and I love that movie.
    12-16-11 10:35 PM
    LOL my sister and I love that movie.
    Ahh. I'm at the scene where Kevin meets Agamemnon. Sean Connery!!
    12-16-11 10:37 PM
    Don't forget you can use the playbooks charger to charge your torch it takes less than half the time.
    12-16-11 11:06 PM
    Don't forget you can use the playbooks charger to charge your torch it takes less than half the time.
    Hey. Good to know!
    12-16-11 11:23 PM
    FYI, the BB car charger doesn't keep up with the PB while its running, but at least it will slow down the battery drain. And I can vouch for recharging the BB with the PB charger, which is good because leaving the bluetooth connection on b/t my BB and my PB is murder on my Torch 9800.
    12-17-11 12:53 AM
    The data cable is fine to interchange... your PC USB ports control power out to the device.

I'm not 100% sure on interchanging the packaged power cables. Even minor differences in amps to the the device is enough to burn out circuit boards over a given length of time.
    12-17-11 12:58 AM
    What is this claim based on? Please elaborate or provide a source.

From my limited understanding of electronics, there should be no issue using a BB charger on a PB. All USB chargers have the same voltage and the only difference is that the PB charger provides 1.8A where a BB charger pushes about 0.8A. This means that it will take much longer to charge a PB with a BB charger, but typically slower charging is easier on the battery and causes less heat and cell degradation.
    12-17-11 07:55 AM
    You should ask peter the battery guru guy about this.
    12-17-11 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD