So I know the playbook can take in audio/video from sources through things like Plex and Flix but is there some way to stream my Android Audio/Video to it over a Local Wi-Fi connection similar to a Wi-Fi Monitor. I don't want to access my files on my phone from my playbook and play them I want to play them on my phone but have it sent to my playbook. I have seen it from PC to Playbook are there any Android Apps or solutions?
    My phone is a Lollipop Xperia Z3.
    Even if it is just video and the audio is coming out of the phone that will work too.
    Sorry for the repeat I know I asked this before but when I came back to check on replies I couldn't find my question anywhere, I must not have been logged in or something...
    11-12-15 11:13 AM
    You could try using something like Ghost Commander or some other kind of File Manager to access content, but you'd likely need a samba client on your phone to make it work.
    11-12-15 11:39 AM
    My understanding of access content is to go in and explore the files on a device from another, I can do this. What I want to do is run something on my phone but send the video/audio to my playbook; almost like mirroring a display. I did something similar on my pc to my playbook (or vice versa) the day I got it completely by accident. I played something on my PC and it showed up with sound on my playbook. The PC became almost like a remote. I will look up and try Samba have not heard of it though.
    11-13-15 06:56 PM
    There's an app for playbook, BB10 and BBOS that allows you to use a BBOS 7 phone as a remote camera viewable on playbook or BB10.

It's called Phone Remote. Not sure if it will help you but it's the closest thing I can think of.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 01:02 PM
    You could always establish a connection between your iPad and Z30 through Blend.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 03:01 PM
    This is not possible even from Bb10 phone to PlayBook. I've wanted to mirror my z10 to the larger pb screen but believe it cannot be done due to security model and lock down of root level accounts.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 09:28 PM
    If you are talking about mirroring your phone's screen to the playbook, I don't believe that this can be done. It's been discussed, but no solution has ever been found.
    11-25-15 02:44 PM
    Not so much mirroring I figured that wouldn't be possible, although I thought the BB10 and BB Bridge could do that. I just want to, over wifi, send my phone audio/video to my playbook. Basically turn my Playbook into a wifi receiver for my phone. This isn't looking good though....
    11-28-15 12:26 PM
    Sorry, OP, not possible. I can receive video/audio from my PC or Laptop to my Playbook using Splashtop, but nothing can work this way with your z10.
    11-28-15 12:40 PM
    I don't know where this Z10 business came from, I have a Z3, Sony 5.0 Lollipop Device. I dropped Blackberry when A) They didn't release BB10 for the Playbook, and B) Their next generation of phones, of which I was looking forward to, were dreadfully disappointing. I am looking for an Android App I can load on my phone and maybe side load to my Playbook. I tried screen share and it run on both devices but I could not get it to identify my devices. I didn't register my bluetooth activity on my playbook. Don't know if I did something wrong or not, was hoping someone got something working. But I thought I would correct I don't have a Z10, I have a Sony Z3, doubt it will make a difference.
    11-29-15 07:37 PM
    I don't know where this Z10 business came from, I have a Z3, Sony 5.0 Lollipop Device. I dropped Blackberry when A) They didn't release BB10 for the Playbook, and B) Their next generation of phones, of which I was looking forward to, were dreadfully disappointing. I am looking for an Android App I can load on my phone and maybe side load to my Playbook. I tried screen share and it run on both devices but I could not get it to identify my devices. I didn't register my bluetooth activity on my playbook. Don't know if I did something wrong or not, was hoping someone got something working. But I thought I would correct I don't have a Z10, I have a Sony Z3, doubt it will make a difference.
    Really sorry I got that wrong OP! Brain cramp on my part. Anyway, I do not know of any android app that you can sideload onto your Playbook to do what you are looking for. The bluetooth module on the Playbook is very limited in functionality and is almost useless except for bridging with another blackberry device and cannot even perform simple file transfer.
    11-29-15 10:59 PM
    So there is something cool lately that I've found with the bb10 to playbook bridge.

What you need to do is get the android app "tubemate" on your bb10 device. Tubemate is basically a YouTube mobile site app but it can be used as a browser.

So use the tubemate browser to go to pretty much any video on the net. When you open the video in tubemate, press the full screen button and it will bring up a menu that gives you quite a few options like download, share, watch etc. Press the watch button and then it will ask you how you want to open the video. One of the choices will be the native BB10 File Viewer. Open the video in the file viewer and from there open the share option. If you are connected via BlackBerry Bridge to the playbook, then you will see an option in the share menu to "open on playbook".

So there you go, you can pretty much stream any video from the bb10 to the playbook. This also works with many other file types. Not just videos. It's kind of a hidden gem feature of bb10/playbook that is hard to access. But I've found it very useful.

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 and anon(5597702) like this.
    11-30-15 01:02 AM
    So there is something cool lately that I've found with the bb10 to playbook bridge.

What you need to do is get the android app "tubemate" on your bb10 device. Tubemate is basically a YouTube mobile site app but it can be used as a browser.

So use the tubemate browser to go to pretty much any video on the net. When you open the video in tubemate, press the full screen button and it will bring up a menu that gives you quite a few options like download, share, watch etc. Press the watch button and then it will ask you how you want to open the video. One of the choices will be the native BB10 File Viewer. Open the video in the file viewer and from there open the share option. If you are connected via BlackBerry Bridge to the playbook, then you will see an option in the share menu to "open on playbook".

So there you go, you can pretty much stream any video from the bb10 to the playbook. This also works with many other file types. Not just videos. It's kind of a hidden gem feature of bb10/playbook that is hard to access. But I've found it very useful.

Posted via CB10
    This is really cool--thanks!

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 09:58 AM
    This is really cool--thanks!

Posted via CB10
    You're very welcome! Glad to share with fellow playbook users!!

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 02:40 PM
    Well... Christmas is coming maybe I will get a new tablet that is a little more useful, like a Z3 10 inches... . Probably not, but a droid for under 200$ is probably possible. Thanks anyway guys I am calling this post done though.
    11-30-15 04:12 PM