Since i'm have so many problems with my regular email account I figured I'd try my blackberry emaiol account. The only thing is I don't know what settings to use. Does anyone know how to add the playbook to this account or if it can be done?
    03-04-12 09:14 AM
    Not possible currently.
    03-04-12 09:18 AM
    That sucks
    03-04-12 09:24 AM
    cannot be done. can see only with bridge
    03-04-12 09:41 AM
    This is something RIM will probably add once they tie in BBM. By then the PlayBook will support native BIS. But, from what I have read a lot of folks are saying this would only happen on a cellular 4G version of the PlayBook. (not WiFi).

Kind of disappointing if true. But I bridge all the time too.
    03-04-12 09:55 AM
    RIM should have an option for us BIS users to sync with the PB like our BB phones do.
    If I wanted anything Android I would have bought one of their Tablets and not the PB.
    Last edited by artie; 03-04-12 at 10:16 AM. Reason: forgot something.
    chongman and Spencerdl like this.
    03-04-12 10:13 AM
    Side question: I've had a blackberry.net email address for a long time and have yet to even use it once. Is there a benefit to using it that I don't/can't see? How can I make it relevant and useful to my life?!? What can my BBmail do that my Ymail, Gmail and Hotmail can't do, if anything?
    03-04-12 12:56 PM
    Lol its just a secure email address that can't be accessed outside of a bis/bes environment
    It's benefits are not for everyone. Regular email work for most people...
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    03-04-12 01:12 PM
    Typically, it's advisable not to use the @carrier.blackberry.net email address for anything that is important to you.
    03-04-12 02:07 PM
    Typically, it's advisable not to use the @carrier.blackberry.net email address for anything that is important to you.
    Why?
    03-04-12 02:38 PM
    ....and why is that?
    03-04-12 02:58 PM
    No spam protection.

Not transferable to a different carrier.

Can only be read on the BlackBerry. So if you lose the BlackBerry and have important messages on the device, you cannot read them.

If you use that email address as your BlackBerry ID and then forget your password, you are pretty much out of luck for that ID.
    03-04-12 03:34 PM
    Why?
    And God help you if anyone uses it as their BBID username.

An attempt to hack my BBID happened sometime back, and by default as a security feature it was locked. Now to reset your password one needs to use the email address associated with the BBID, so that the password reset email can be sent to that address- but RIM does not send that email to your device (that is the BB phone)- so one would never even receive the password reset email- as xxxx.blackberry.carrier.net account can ONLY be accessed via the phone.

Long story short, I made the mistake of using the carrier.net email as my BBID username, and it was a nightmare to get it reset, did manage it though without having to do a wipe... And No one here at the forums knew how to do it, it was very worrying and frustrating back then.

This issue in itself is enough to warn others to not use the carrier.net email, along with other reasons as provided in prior post/s.
    Last edited by anindoc; 03-04-12 at 04:11 PM.
    03-04-12 04:08 PM

An attempt to hack my BBID happened sometime back, and by default as a security feature it was locked. Now to reset your password one needs to use the email address associated with the BBID, so that the password reset email can be sent to that address- but RIM does not send that email to your device (that is the BB phone)- so one would never even receive the password reset email- as xxxx.blackberry.carrier.net account can ONLY be accessed via the phone.

Long story short, I made the mistake of using the carrier.net email as my BBID username, and it was a nightmare to get it reset, did manage it though without having to do a wipe... And No one here at the forums knew how to do it, it was very worrying and frustrating back then.

This issue in itself is enough to warn others to not use the carrier.net email, along with other reasons as provided in prior post/s.
    Must had been you that made me change my ID from my bb address reading about your incident.
    03-04-12 04:22 PM
    This is something RIM will probably add once they tie in BBM. By then the PlayBook will support native BIS. But, from what I have read a lot of folks are saying this would only happen on a cellular 4G version of the PlayBook. (not WiFi).

Kind of disappointing if true. But I bridge all the time too.
    Why would it be disappointing? You cannot get that email on a smartphone using wifi alone, why would it be available without their cellular network.

Sorry, but you guys have some ridiculous expectations and some really foolish questions.

It will not be able to be added over wifi until you can get it over wifi elsewhere
    alan510 likes this.
    03-04-12 05:04 PM

For the reasons you stated and common sense I would never use that address as my I'D
    03-04-12 05:20 PM
    I have all of my mail forward to my blackberry via my vzw.blackberry.com. Account. I do this because it seems to get to my blackberry fastest. I figured that because I'm having problems with my email on my playbook I'd try my carrier account. Sucks to hear that it can't be done.
    03-04-12 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD