Might sound like an unlikely request but is it possible to configure either the playbook or BB phone to prevent the playbook getting internet access via the bridge, i.e. I ONLY want playbook internet wia wireless LAN NEVER via the phone so as I don't run up mobile data charges? I've looked but can't find a way to do this other than stopping the bridge before browsing.
    09-09-11 06:35 AM
    Stopping the Bridge appears to be the only way. Same problem here. I do not use the PB without checking for WiFi connection.
    09-09-11 07:14 AM
    Since the PB doesn't always restore a saved WiFi connection, I've begun surfing assuming I was on WiFi but actually using the bridge. The speed drop is usually a tip-off.

The fastest and easiest way to ensure you won't use phone data is to turn off bluetooth on your PB whenever you are actively using data. It takes only two taps. This is simpler than cycling the bridge setting on your phone.
    09-09-11 09:33 AM
    if you connect to wifi your pb should default to wifi.. mine does everytime..
    09-09-11 10:32 AM
    Make sure bluetooth is turned off and it shouldn't be able to connect through bridge.
    09-09-11 12:39 PM
    different option:if you turn off data services on yr phone all other bridge functions still work.
    09-09-11 01:04 PM
    if you connect to wifi your pb should default to wifi.. mine does everytime..
    I have had no problem with the wifi reconnecting each time I'm back in the area.

different option:if you turn off data services on yr phone all other bridge functions still work.
    Fail-safe method!
    09-09-11 01:37 PM
    Same sentiment here. That new feature that's so hot killed the use of Bridge on my enterprise phone for fear of inadvertantly using unauthorized data. Thanks, RIM, for the professional tablet once again.
    09-09-11 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD