Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By achiquitachaser
  • 1 Post By pacoman03
  • 1 Post By Chaddface
  • 1 Post By hutch0707
  • 2 Post By Banco
  • 1 Post By Carl Estes
  • 1 Post By BigwhiteUK
  • 1 Post By Chaddface
  • 1 Post By Spencerdl
  • 1 Post By BigwhiteUK
  • 2 Post By F2
  • 1 Post By Angus_CB
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Can I move Apps around?

Hello I wanted to findout if there is a way to move my apps around on the playbook or if I can make a folder to add different apps to keep it a bit tidy and not have to scroll through the 100 apps to find one. Any advice on how I could do that or if it is possible at all thanks in advance
    Wolfie
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    470 Global Posts

Sure can, hold an icon down till it pulses and then you can drag the icon around to reorganize or drop it on top of another icon to create a folder. The process is pretty much the sames as iOS
    Channel Owner for Life Off The Cuff C0035C453
    Blackberry Power User and Jacksonville Jaguar Supporter (I root for the underdogs
    )
    Thanked by:
    wolfie99 (01-14-2013) 
    wolfie99 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Press and hold on an apps icon till it starts to bulge. You can then grab the icon to move it as you please. Plus, if you take a bulging icon and drop it on top of another apps icon, you'll create a folder and be prompted to give the folder a name. Both apps will then appear in the folder, and you can then add additional apps to the folder by dropping bulging icons on top of it.
    Thanked by:
    wolfie99 (01-14-2013) 
    wolfie99 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Holding the icon until it flashes will allow you to move it. Drag one icon on top of another will create a folder. If you drag the icon off the side of the screen it will open another "pane". Always keep at least one icon in the dock. There is a bug that will erase icons if you empty the dock and try to but them back.
    Thanked by:
    wolfie99 (01-14-2013) 
    wolfie99 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Yes. Just press and hold the app icon until it starts to vibrate, then drag it to the far left or right and let go. This creates a new page if there is not one or moves the app icon to an existing page. For creating folders just press and hold the icon again until it vibrates and then move that icon on top of another app icon that you want to create a folder with. Name your new folder and add more apps as needed. You can move the folders using the same steps which apps are moved.
    Thanked by:
    wolfie99 (01-14-2013) 
    wolfie99 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Splendid work gentlemen - one question gets three instant answers!
    Thanked by:
    wolfie99 (01-14-2013) 
    David in Durham and wolfie99 like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Sir Glaurung the Great

Yes you can move apps around into different "pages", or make a folder and drag/drop into the folder.

FIRST, you have to touch and hold an App Icon you want to move. they will start to "pulse" and show a "trash can" tag to each App icon. DO NOT TOUCH the trsh can unless you want to delete it.

Instead, just touch and hold the App Icon you want to move and just slide it around to the page or folder you want. To create a folder for say your Games, touch and hold your icon you want to move until it pulses, then just touch/hold and drag it to your desired loction. Then you drag another game onto another game app and you will be creating a "directory", you will name it, and you can then drag/drop all your games into your game folder.

To create another page/sheet, just touch and drag to the side of the screen, and it will slide onto a blnk sheet/page. Arrange apps to you desired set-up.

BUT I DO NOT RECOMMEND playing around with/moving the Main Top Dock Items, (Bridge, browser, Calendar,App World etc.) People have reported issues once they start to mess with the main top dock.

Hope this helps.

C
    Thanked by:
    wolfie99 (01-14-2013) 
    wolfie99 likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,280 Global Posts
    PIN
    24CA5D48 PB pin 502763C8

yes you can. Press and hold an icon... it will wiggle, and usually have a trash bin icon on it. To create a folder move an icon onto another icon, an option will pop up to name the folder i.e. games. To move an icon hold and drag icon to where you want it to go. The PB can have as many screens, as I call them, as you want. if you press the trash can icon an option will pop up for you to confirm deletion. Hope that helps, and Im sure there will be youtube videos demonstrating this. good luckk
    9300, 9900, Z10, Z30 . PlayBook 64GB. Nexus 7 v2 Kit Kat
    Thanked by:
    wolfie99 (01-14-2013) 
    wolfie99 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Thank you very much. Very good and simple.
    CrackBerry Genius

You can also click the help icon on the PlayBook to answer many questions.
    Here is a link the the user manual
    PlayBook 2.0 USER MANUAL - Please Read!
    Thanked by:
    wolfie99 (01-14-2013) 
    wolfie99 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    17,697 Global Posts

Hummm, I just went to the ? (help) icon under applications and yup the instructions on how to move icons was there. I wonder what is actually missing from the help app, I've haven't read the entire help menu.....maybe I should
    Thanked by:
    wolfie99 (01-14-2013) 
    wolfie99 likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,280 Global Posts
    PIN
    24CA5D48 PB pin 502763C8

A mans last resort, if all else fails... read the manual lol
    9300, 9900, Z10, Z30 . PlayBook 64GB. Nexus 7 v2 Kit Kat
    wolfie99 likes this.

CAUTION: Do NOT remove all icons from the dock (topmost icons) at the same time. There is a bug and you will lose all icons on the dock unless/until you move every icon there and watch them disappear. There may also still be a bug - do not place ONLY FOLDERS on the dock. It can create booting problems.
    Thanked by:
    wolfie99 (01-14-2013) 
    Spencerdl and wolfie99 like this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,189 Global Posts

Also check out the Newbie Tips and Tricks thread at the top of the forum.
    Z30, Nexus 4, Kobo Arc 64GB, Playbook 16GB
    wolfie99 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,162 Global Posts
    PIN
    797F4953 Tab 3

Quote Originally Posted by achiquitachaser View Post
    Sure can, hold an icon down till it pulses and then you can drag the icon around to reorganize or drop it on top of another icon to create a folder. The process is pretty much the sames as iOS
    The process is almost the same on iOS, but there are only so many apps you can put in any given folder on the ipad for example, but as far as I can tell on the PlayBook it's pretty much limitless.
    Phone too slow? Then you need Flow.

The World's Most Fabulous Crack-Droid!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    17,697 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by F2 View Post
    CAUTION: Do NOT remove all icons from the dock (topmost icons) at the same time. There is a bug and you will lose all icons on the dock unless/until you move every icon there and watch them disappear. There may also still be a bug - do not place ONLY FOLDERS on the dock. It can create booting problems.
    Is this information in the PlayBook help manuel? If not it should be
    Last edited by spencerdl; 01-14-2013 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    Is this information in the PlayBook help manuel? If not it should be
    You mean the FAQ for newbies (above)? I don't recall - it is too long to peruse! It should probably be an appropriately labeled STICKY all on its own. It is a stupid, dastardly bug!
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by F2 View Post
    You mean the FAQ for newbies (above)? I don't recall - it is too long to peruse! It should probably be an appropriately labeled STICKY all on its own. It is a stupid, dastardly bug!
    I would say so. I read a lot when I first got mine and have never seen that before. Really surprised and relieved I only moved a few of them.

I was thinking about posting a separate thread titled something like:

"WARNING do NOT empty the DOCK" (suggestions welcome)

and include the above text:

"CAUTION: Do NOT remove all icons from the dock (topmost icons) at the same time. There is a bug and you will lose all icons on the dock unless/until you move every icon there and watch them disappear. There may also still be a bug - do not place ONLY FOLDERS on the dock. It can create booting problems." (more suggestions welcome)

But I'm not sure that CB wants such a blatant fault posted in the Sticky area! Oh, is DOCK the official name for that area of icons????
    CrackBerry Genius

Just ask one of the mods? I think that's fine myself, but....