Hey all,

Before I buy a PB I would like to know a few things, but 1st I should offer some info... I picked up an 32 GB iPad 1 for school last Feb only to find that the eText books are locked and required me to buy a 3rd party PDF app because Apples native app doesn't work with locked documents. I have also not been able to use the iPad for class materials due to Phoenix having a Flash heavy site and online library. I love using the iPad for games and media but it has not lived up to my expectations as a tool at school.

Can the PB open locked PDF files and how does it do with Flash sites? I love my BB 9850 and wanted to get the PB from the start but picked up the iPad because the school, at the time, was pushing iPad in the classroom...

Any help would be great, also I would ask that answers come from PB users and not people bashing the device.... I dont mind a non-bias reply but I am trying to make up my mind about getting the PB or not. This will be a tool not a toy for me.....
    12-30-11 01:59 PM
    I am on break so I can't check out the pdf's but I can tell you that their Android app can be sideloaded and it works. I don't know if this will help you or not but it is what I plan to use next year if possible.
    Hope that helps a little,
    Sean
    12-30-11 02:19 PM
    It has no problems opening PDF's, however i do not have exp with locked PDF's maybe this link will help you.
    It does just fine with flash site's, fantastic even!

OPen password locked PDF documents in Playbook - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

hope this helps
    12-30-11 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD