I have hundreds of favorites organized by customer and need quick access to secific ones during meetings. Am I missing something but I can't figure out how to organize my favorites into folder or even alphabetically.
    04-20-11 10:34 AM
    04-20-11 10:43 AM
    Er, Fubaz... what does that doc have to do with managing favorites on the PlayBook? That doc appears to cover BB phones only.
    04-20-11 10:47 AM
    I was wondering this too. So far I can't move them around at all.

Anyone?
    04-20-11 11:08 AM
    I have the same complaint. I hope a software update will give us that feature soon.
    04-20-11 11:17 AM
    Anyone know a way to import favorites from the desktop browser and can you edit the name of the PB favorites ?
    04-27-11 02:55 PM
    as of now, you can't organize them, nor can you edit them
    04-27-11 02:56 PM
    This is a flaw in the browser, along with the inability to multitask tabs. Hopefully RIM will fix both issues in the next update.
    04-27-11 03:52 PM
    There is a Bookmarks folder but I have not figure out what it is used for. I tried placing an html file in there but it does not show up. And I just dragged a link from Firefox into it and it also does not show as a bookmark. And neither do they show up in the Bridge Browser.

What is the purpose of that folder???
    04-27-11 04:07 PM
    There is a Bookmarks folder but I have not figure out what it is used for. I tried placing an html file in there but it does not show up. And I just dragged a link from Firefox into it and it also does not show as a bookmark. And neither do they show up in the Bridge Browser.

What is the purpose of that folder???
    Same goes for the "Books" folder.. no real purpose for it yet.
    04-27-11 04:08 PM
    i wanted to get a pb but after reading all these threads, i think i'll wait til all these "updates" are out.
    04-27-11 05:28 PM
    I have hundreds of favorites organized by customer and need quick access to secific ones during meetings. Am I missing something but I can't figure out how to organize my favorites into folder or even alphabetically.
    There is no way to organize or edit bookmarks right now, and it's a shame that RIM would leave something this simple out. It really goes to show how half-assed they were about this device.

In regards to updates, how about launching without so many holes? Updates are just words, lets see some real action. Updates could take months or even years.
    04-27-11 05:29 PM
    I agree this as well as other problems bug me. Overall the platform is great and I for one am glad they did not wait any longer to get it in our hands as long as they are now using the time to address these issues.

There is no way to organize or edit bookmarks right now, and it's a shame that RIM would leave something this simple out. It really goes to show how half-assed they were about this device.

In regards to updates, how about launching without so many holes? Updates are just words, lets see some real action. Updates could take months or even years.
    04-30-11 08:49 AM
    For the time being my solution is as follows: imported safari bookmarks into to Playbook as a word document. Everytime i need theme I open the word document and click the bookmark link.
    04-30-11 09:33 AM
    You can also create your own "HOMEPAGE" which has links in it and reference it with Favorites:

file:///accounts/1000/shared/documents/MyHomePage.html

I've got a 3-wide table that has links to my favorite sites. By using the above address method you can point to your file
    nikgilbe likes this.
    04-30-11 10:04 AM
    You can also create your own "HOMEPAGE" which has links in it and reference it with Favorites:

I've got a 3-wide table that has links to my favorite sites. By using the above address method you can point to your file
    that's a great idea! sucks that we have to do it, but that's a good workaround for now
    04-30-11 10:06 AM

Where do I create this homepage file?
    04-30-11 10:12 AM
    Well, I had created this 'homepage' for my BB 8830 initially, moved it to the Tour and now the Bold (I keep it in memory so it loads instantly on my Bold and it is set as my homepage on the phone (hmm, I think we can set home page on the pb, I have to try that). But I moved it to the "documents" folder on the pb when connected to the usb cable.

Then type the address I provided into the address bar, substituting your xxx.html file name (it may be case specific).

I need to test but I just set mine as home page in the options but it still opens to Favorites. I have to look over the rest of the options (pb is in another room charging so I'm running back and forth)
    Last edited by F2; 04-30-11 at 10:25 AM.
    04-30-11 10:21 AM
    Thanks I got it.
    04-30-11 10:24 AM
    By the way, this does NOT work for the Bridge Browser. While I was able to use

file:///

So I can see various folders, but it would not let me navigate down to the documents folder, erroring out above it at the "share" level. Yesterday, I had copied and pasted my link into the bridge browser and got a file not found or similar so today I just tried manual navigation but got stymied.

I was kind of hoping that since it was the "bridge to my phone" it might actually navigate on the BB's folders. I may play some more.
    04-30-11 11:31 AM

Write a quick app for this and you're a rich man!
    04-30-11 11:46 AM
    thanks for this!
    dampap likes this.
    05-20-11 08:30 AM
    quick browser questions, how do you search or find text on a page?
    05-20-11 08:50 AM
    the way that i manage my bookmarks is add them to the homepage and place them in my favorites. this way i can move them around and delete them as needed. not what most want but a way to work around until Rim fixes it.
    05-20-11 09:25 AM
    yes, this will work until such time as RIM takes care of this.
    05-20-11 09:28 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD