Hi folks, didn't find an answer on search, please don't throw rocks if this is an old question.

Good news: bought myself a 64GB Playbook for $300 yesterday.

Better news: it meets wife acceptance factor, but only if I buy her one as well, so I picked that up today.

The question: Can one instance of BB Desktop Software on one computer support two different Playbooks, or do I need to set it up on two separate computers and only sync each Playbook with a separate computer?

Thanks!
    02-07-12 01:54 PM
    Yes it can. It will keep track by PIN I believe.
    I've got a new 64gb and gave the 16gb to my other half...
    Last edited by mister_turtle; 02-07-12 at 01:57 PM. Reason: spelling
    Hogrocket likes this.
    02-07-12 01:56 PM
    The desktop software will accept multiple PlayBooks. The only thing you need to be aware of is that you need a different BlackBerryID on each PlayBook. This is not related to the Desktop Software, but the use of some of the Apps on the PlayBook, such as the video chat or AppWorld.
    Hogrocket and malcerie like this.
    02-07-12 01:56 PM
    Ok, good answers and fast too. Thanks!
    02-07-12 01:58 PM
    Don't see why not, I have 2 9860s using the same DM software on the same laptop. Each device is uniquely identified.

P.S. - Smart wife you got there
    02-07-12 01:58 PM
    A by the way: They both can share a bbid but it can be complex for appworld and will not allow the Video chat to work since that uses bbid and two can't chat with the same bbid. I have not rushed to change the bbid of my older unit so that they actually can, for the moment, share apps. But I do plan on severing the link when my full testing is done/
    02-07-12 02:51 PM
    Hi folks, didn't find an answer on search, please don't throw rocks if this is an old question.

Good news: bought myself a 64GB Playbook for $300 yesterday.

Better news: it meets wife acceptance factor, but only if I buy her one as well, so I picked that up today.

The question: Can one instance of BB Desktop Software on one computer support two different Playbooks, or do I need to set it up on two separate computers and only sync each Playbook with a separate computer?

Thanks!
    I have been wondering the same thing.

Thanks for the answer robsteve.
    Last edited by malcerie; 02-07-12 at 04:48 PM.
    02-07-12 03:35 PM
    BlackBerry Desktop Software allows multiple devices (smartphones and tablets) to be managed by the application because each device is associated by its unique PIN. In my own situation, I have two smartphones and three tablets all using the same instance of BlackBerry Desktop Software.

If you want video chat, simply download Comwave's ePhone and use it to chat with other people who are using Comwave's ePhone application. You get a real telephone number as well.
    02-07-12 05:30 PM
    We need a BB Desktop that works with Outlook 2010.
    02-07-12 06:58 PM
    Huh?

BlackBerry Desktop Manager works with Microsoft Outlook 2010 (x32 and x64 Bit)
    ridesno159 likes this.
    02-07-12 07:06 PM
    It does work with 2010 - if you are having issues synching organizer data, it's the anti-virus on your PC causing the problem, not desktop manager. I have an issue synching to 2010 to my 9930 with trendnet antivirus.
    02-07-12 07:36 PM
    Yes, as they have said above, it sure can handle several phones and several PBs. I actually have a couple of BB's and a couple of Playbooks (wife and family) and the cool thing is that you can name each PB or device, otherwise it will say Bold 9930 and Playbook several times.
    You can call it wife, myPB, etc. It will help down the road when you are downloading files.

I love my PB and am looking forward to 2.0. Enjoy.
    02-07-12 10:00 PM
    Just happened to run across this yesterday...

http://forums.crackberry.com/desktop...anager-269932/

post 5
    I had to uninstall the Technical Preview for now, but I will reinstall. I tried to download the "new" Outlook Connector and it hosed up Outlook 2010.

I read somewhere how to install the new connector. It requires that you already had Outlook 2007 on your system before, but I do not see why. Most people I suspect had 2007 installed as well. Go into Outlook 2010, hit Office Button->Account Settings->Add Account->Choose Other->Setup a Hotmail account and it will add the newest working Outlook Connector Automatically from Microsoft. I have not tried this.

post 11
    Yes I mean that my BB sync's with Outlook 2010 without problem. Using DM 5.0

post 19
    I had to install Outlook 2007 as well as all my 2010, and it syncs fine. DM won't sync with just 2010 installed.

Install an earlier version and it will work. Just don't use the 2007 version.

post 40
    Glad to be of help! If you configure DM and Outlook 2003 to do a 2 way synch, when upgrading to Outlook 2010 DM will use the synch settings you have previosuly configured with Outlook 2003.

In my case I can now synch 2 ways without any problem, that is Calendar, Contacts, Memo and Tasks.

hope it works for you.
    02-07-12 10:51 PM
    The DM will take multiple devices coz it recognises the devices by their unique PINs. I have 2 Bolds and 1 PB. No prob at all.
    02-08-12 01:42 AM
    Thank you for the comments. I retried syncing my 9800 with Outlook 2010 using BB Desktop v7.0.0.32 and it worked. I was having problems with the other versions of BB Desktop.
    02-08-12 05:59 AM
    ps - i work at a company where we have 150+ playbooks and all are managed initially by my bb desktop manager...
    02-08-12 07:50 AM
    What are all those Playbooks used for?

Just curious about the commercial usage of the Playbook
    02-08-12 10:15 AM
    I have an old Storm, my sister's Storm, my Bold 9930 and two PB's on the same computer. I had a problem with DM recognizing the 1st PB but downloaded DM from the Blackberry website and I guess it updated to where the PB was backed up with no problem.
    Different pins and names and all is kept straight easily even for this tekky dummy.
    02-08-12 11:17 AM
    Great support folks, many thanks to all who have chipped in.

Now the inverse question. Are there any problems with syncing one PB to two different computers, such as a desktop and a laptop?
    02-08-12 11:56 AM
    Great support folks, many thanks to all who have chipped in.

Now the inverse question. Are there any problems with syncing one PB to two different computers, such as a desktop and a laptop?
    Seperately? I wouldn't think so. As long as you have DM downloaded on each of them.
    Together? I couldn't say. Maybe if they're sync'd/linked together, but I woudn't know how.
    02-09-12 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD