- CrackBerry User
- 20 Posts
Can anyone recommend a YouTube downloader app?
I use Tubidy on my Curve 9360 but can't send or stream the vids I download to my PB.......I keep getting the error message "Failed to find service". My BB Bridge & Bluetooth is on and working. Can anyone help?
Also, what apps are there for the PB that are similar to Tubidy or that enable YouTube downloading?
- 11-20-2012, 03:01 PM #2
- CrackBerry Master
11-27-2012, 04:51 PM #7
- 1,065 Posts
No disrespect to Blaze, but TubeMate isn't in AppWorld, it's an android app that needs to be "sideloaded", a process beyond some people, or maybe it's just more effort than many will want to exert. Plus these forums are full of people complaining about PB performance issues which often turn out to be due to sideloaded apps (although that is unlikely to be a problem with one recommended by the forum moderator!)
I like to use File2HD.com to download videos from youtube. It's a website, not an app. You just go to the video you want on youtube, copy the url from the address bar in the PB's browser, then open File2HD.com in another tab, paste the url and voilà. The downloading begins! It works really nicely.Patrick from Calgary
Z10 v 10.0.10.85
PB v 188.8.131.526
- 11-27-2012, 06:31 PM #8
Re: Can anyone recommend a YouTube downloader app?
I have sideloaded Pulse which is my favourite Android app, however on the Playbook it takes along time to update and I feel my PB is slower. Following your comments I think I am going to uninstall it and see if the performance returns. Thanks for confirming my suspicions. I hope Pulse comes to BB10
- By cre8tor in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 27Last Post: 12-07-2010, 04:28 PM
- By cre8tor in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 27Last Post: 12-07-2010, 04:28 PM
- By LazyStarGazer in forum Apple iPhone/iPadReplies: 6Last Post: 11-12-2010, 04:13 PM
- By Jmilch in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 14Last Post: 12-15-2009, 06:07 PM
- By Jmilch in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 14Last Post: 12-15-2009, 06:07 PM