Is there any app out yet to tether a DLSR to Playbook?
    It would have to be able to read a RAW file and render a JPEG image.
    I would like to use it in the field to download all my images and then transfer to LightRoom later.
    Thanks
    Mark
    05-08-11 11:00 AM
    I am not sure of your make. I know Canon and others have WFT(Wireless File Transmitter) apps, that allow the camera to transfer photos to an iphone/android/computer via WiFi.

There is also a WFT SDCard, called the Eye-Fi, but I am not sure if that is what you need. Since the Playbook is so new, you might want to his a photography forum (digital) maybe find out if any other photographers have purchased a playbook and if they have found a solution.
    Last edited by Oniberry; 05-08-11 at 01:09 PM.
    05-08-11 11:36 AM
    Thank You, I think the Eye-Fi would be a little slow for a RAW file.
    I'll check on dpreview and see if anyone has gone with the PB
    05-08-11 12:55 PM
    No worries. Wish I could be more help.
    05-08-11 12:59 PM
    Thank You, I think the Eye-Fi would be a little slow for a RAW file.
    I'll check on dpreview and see if anyone has gone with the PB
    I hope you'll share your findings here. It hadn't occurred to me until you mentioned it but I would love to be able to transfer photos from my Canon T2i to my Playbook (although I might suddenly need more than the 16G memory I currently have...).
    05-08-11 05:44 PM
    I hope you'll share your findings here. It hadn't occurred to me until you mentioned it but I would love to be able to transfer photos from my Canon T2i to my Playbook (although I might suddenly need more than the 16G memory I currently have...).
    I havew a 60D so the Canon WFT's they have are only good for the 7D and 1 and 5's so no help there....
    It would be nice to be able to use the 7" screen to view shots rather than the 3" on camera....
    Mark
    05-08-11 07:08 PM
    I have a T2i as well and was looking for something like this. iPad can do it via the camera connection kit. Works alright, but it doesn't allow raw file access, only the jpeg previews. So you can't process anything.

I am hoping the micro usb port can be a usb host and will allow a connection to the camera, but the sdk doesn't have a way to access it yet. Maybe in the NDK.
    05-08-11 07:35 PM
    I emailed EyeFi about the possibility of a Playbook app, as I would love to have that functionality to get pics directly from my t2i to my Playbook. It is a logical progression as they already have Android and iDevice apps..

apparantly they wont comment about any upcoming development work, but my request was passed to the development team, and they havea specific section in their forums for feature requests.

I would be happy with just the jpeg uploads... the Playbook would make a really good reference monitor when shooting. I would want to work with the raw images on the home monster with 2 big screens...

I also recall reading somewhere that Adobe were looking at bringing at least some Photoshop functionality to the Playbook....
    05-08-11 09:13 PM
    Anything for Nikon?
    05-08-11 09:15 PM

I also recall reading somewhere that Adobe were looking at bringing at least some Photoshop functionality to the Playbook....
    Now THAT would be great!
    I only shot in RAW and am not interested in any development in PB, all that is done in LR.
    What I would like is some type of Canon�s EOS utility while tethered to the PB.
    Not sure about Nikon but I suppose they have the same type of utility software that could render a viewable JPEG and store the original RAW files for later transfer to LR�.
    Mark
    05-08-11 09:29 PM
    I would love to see a Lightroom companion app for the Playbook. I use LR to catalog, edit and create web pages. My catalogs are stored on my PC's local drive, but the images are on a NAS. It would be great to be able to view a catalog and update web pages via my Playbook. The processing power seems to be there and Adobe Air support seems like a perfect recipe for making it all come together.
    05-16-11 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD