I just made the switch to imac and i wanted to ask if there is anyway to get my contacts on my playbook transfered to my new iMac.
    03-06-13 06:08 PM
    blackberry desktop software should do the trick. Just setup a sync and set it to transfer all contacts to your computer
    03-06-13 06:37 PM
    thanks, i was over thinking this issue. i will give it a try
    03-06-13 06:54 PM
    no luck on the playbook, but i was able to just use the sd card from my phone
    03-06-13 10:03 PM
    I just made the switch to imac and i wanted to ask if there is anyway to get my contacts on my playbook transfered to my new iMac.
    Do you use iCloud?
    03-06-13 10:09 PM
    have yet to try the iCloud . will it work with android nad blackberry/
    03-06-13 10:51 PM
    either blackberry dm, wifi sharing, both work well for me. can be dreadfully slow at transferring though.
    03-06-13 11:31 PM
    thanks i am totaly new to iMac i will try that out. So far its a huge improvement over the nightmare of windows 8. i am the last guy you would expect to buy apple, yet for desktop the options are limited, i have used ubuntu but it lacks support for printers and such.
    03-06-13 11:36 PM
    My first Mac was a Macintosh II (~1988) and have been a Mac users ever since. The BB Desktop will NOT sync your contacts or iCal data for your Playbook, though, it will for a BB phone. I ended up entering the information by hand..... BB Desktop will sync iTunes, your pictures and videos. As for using BB Desktop for backing up, I have not been able to do that now for over a year. When I try I get an error message. When this all started I contacted BB and they told me that they are aware of the problem and will fix it in the future...... Enjoy you iMac!
    03-07-13 07:40 AM
    I have the Galaxy note phone so i exported my contacts to the sd card, plugged it in the imac and was done in seconds. Maybe when i get my z10 it will at least be able to do that.
    I am enjoying the mac. I doubt i will ever buy an i phone or ipad. Maybe a small ipod for the gym, my phone is too big for using as a music player at the gym.
    03-07-13 09:16 PM
    have yet to try the iCloud . will it work with android nad blackberry/
    Yes - I did another thread on this yesterday. It took a wee bit of work, but got it running on my PlayBook and my iOS devices and Mac.
    herculesinwyoming likes this.
    03-07-13 10:18 PM
    i have only spent maybe 5 hours on my new imac, i will set up icloud and give it a whirl. i dont own any i devices other than the mac i will give it a try
    03-07-13 11:10 PM