View Poll Results: Did your power button fail, if so how long from first use?

Voters
195. You may not vote on this poll
  • Failed in 1 day

4 2.05%
  • Failed in 2 days

0 0%
  • Failed in 3 days

0 0%
  • Failed in 4+ days

1 0.51%
  • Did not fail... yet?

190 97.44%
    Not trying to be argumentative but if you saw in a later post i suggested changing your options to go to stand-by in 90 seconds. That is not that long of time to let the playbook go to stand-by for itself. Unless you can't help but pick up it right back up again after seeing the wonderful screen stare back at you then i completely understand.
    I agree with you that it is very easy to change the stand by settings, but that's not what I was talking about. You mentioned that using the power button icon in the All folder does the same thing (as pressing the physical power button), but they do two different things. The power button icon powers off the playbook completely, but the physical power button puts it in stand by. That's all I was trying to say I didn't want anyone to get confused by the two functions.
    04-26-11 02:13 PM
    I agree with you that it is very easy to change the stand by settings, but that's not what I was talking about. You mentioned that using the power button icon in the All folder does the same thing (as pressing the physical power button), but they do two different things. The power button icon powers off the playbook completely, but the physical power button puts it in stand by. That's all I was trying to say I didn't want anyone to get confused by the two functions.
    No problem I understand your point.

I was saying these options are available, so people know that the power button is not technically needed that often or at all. And personally speaking the less I have to press it the less wear and tear that happens to the mechanics.
    04-26-11 02:33 PM
    First let me start by saying I love my playbook. Second I agree the power button is a little funny as lindajm22 said I don't know if mine is flushed or not because its barely popping up (might as well be flushed). In all honesty I barely use the power button I just let the screen turn off after 90 seconds, though a gesture to turn the screen off would be great. An app to do a restart would be good as well but all in all good device and I feel it will only get better.
    04-26-11 02:55 PM
    If yours is like the middle play button, then you have a raised one. The 1st two I returned because of dead pixels were un-raised ones, 3rd one I got which I kept was raised.
    04-26-11 02:59 PM
    Not sure why you would use it. It goes into sleep mode anyway.
    04-26-11 03:09 PM
    My power button works fine. I press it with the meat of my finger multiple times per day, as that is what I use to put it to sleep and the other three playbooks I have access to are fine as well.
    We may just have been lucky , but I think people are making a mountain out of a mole hill complaining about the power button.

Posted from my Playbook at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-11 03:28 PM
    I'd rather press a belly button, but thanks for asking. I forgot it had a power button since I' ve been using the desktop button to be honest.
    04-26-11 05:00 PM
    We still have no software way to lock the device.
    I think it needs more buttons and a more robust power switch(3 position on, off and lock)
    04-26-11 05:04 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD