I am trying to see if I can use the CPL eBooks on the PlayBook and so far don't seem to be having any luck.

Anyone out there know a way to make it work?
    11-24-11 12:19 PM
    Does CPL use a media service for downloadable digital content? My local library uses Overdrive Media Console. The Android app works with OS2.
    11-24-11 12:23 PM
    Yes, they use Overdrive Media Console.

So upgrading to OS2 is the only way to make it work? Hmmm... I will have to investigate how practical it is on my PlayBook as I am considering getting one for my dad but he is not the most technologically savvy guy in the world.
    11-24-11 12:29 PM
    i use it in 2.0 its very simple to use. you will most likely need to set it up for your dad since it does involve a few steps. your other option is waiting till february. i love overdrive on android player for playbook. its so easy simple to use. audio and ebooks work great. you do need an adobe id which is free but you do need to register.
    11-24-11 01:02 PM
    I won't be surprised to see support for the PlayBook from things like Overdrive coming up early in the new year. There are strong signs that 2.0 will be adding some DRM-related support features, and quite possibly the lack of those in 1.x has been the main reason most of those haven't shown up yet.
    11-24-11 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD