I have a BB 9860 and a PlayBook running 2.0. I can get my contacts to sync between the two devices, but for some reason, my calendars do not sync.

I go into Google Calendar on my laptop and update events, birhdays, etc. and that shows up on my PlayBook, but not in my phone. I can make changes in my phone's calendar, but nothing shows up in my PlayBook's calendar. They are using credentials.

Am I missing something?
    03-06-12 08:55 AM
    There's an app you can install on your phone called 'Google Sync'. It will sync your phone to the Google account. In this way it is indirectly synced to your playbook.
    03-06-12 09:07 AM
    Where can I find it? I searched App World and it is not there.
    03-06-12 09:20 AM
    m.google.com/sync from your phone browser.
    03-06-12 09:47 AM
    you can install Google Sync as someone else suggested. But make sure the sync feature under email setup application > Gmail > Syncronization Options >Calendar is disabled or else you will get double reminders and events. As for syncing more than one calendar to the tablet, follow the instructions here: http://crackberry.com/how-sync-multi...berry-playbook
    03-06-12 10:06 AM
    When I use it for the first time, I use DM and delete all entries from the device. Then install google sync and run it.

I have found, and this may not be true for everyone, that each time I stop it, I have to delete the app and reinstall it or the sync fails.
    03-06-12 10:12 AM
    Thanks for the assist. This works perfectly.
    03-06-12 10:13 AM
    I posted this on another thread, cant get it to work for just 1 account

add an entry on my native PB cal & it shows on Google web cal but not on Torch cal,
    add an entry on my Google web cal & it shows on my Torch cal but not on PB cal
    add an entry on my Torch cal & it shows on Google web cal but not PB cal

Have all the calendars set so my gmail account is the default, have google sync setup etc etc but just cant get all 3 calendars to sync properly.

Going back to bridge calendar as it works.
    03-06-12 10:14 AM
    CGSCOT: did you do a manual sync on all calendars to test if it syncs across devices? Google sync on the phone syncs automatically and periodically so if you want the entries to appear instantly you have to manually sync.
    03-06-12 10:16 AM
    I have a BB 9860 and a PlayBook running 2.0. I can get my contacts to sync between the two devices, but for some reason, my calendars do not sync.

I go into Google Calendar on my laptop and update events, birhdays, etc. and that shows up on my PlayBook, but not in my phone. I can make changes in my phone's calendar, but nothing shows up in my PlayBook's calendar. They are using credentials.

Am I missing something?
    Is your phone on a BES? If not - you will need to manually sync your phone to your account with a PC. My work has an exchange server but no BES so I have to sync my phone to my account via usb.

Your PB uses more "active sync" type protocols which is why you see instant updates on your PB from your Google calendar. Your PB and your BB use different formats.
    03-06-12 10:16 AM
    CGSCOT: did you do a manual sync on all calendars to test if it syncs across devices? Google sync on the phone syncs automatically and periodically so if you want the entries to appear instantly you have to manually sync.
    Tried manual sync on both BB & PB but still nothing showing, going to delete & start from scratch tonight.

I suspect that when BB10 arrives it will sync with new native PB mail, calendar & contacts with no problems as it'll all be built from the same platform & not the mix of OS7 / PB 2.0 at moment.
    Last edited by CGSCOT; 03-06-12 at 10:44 AM.
    03-06-12 10:27 AM
    Tried manual sync on both BB & PB but still nothing showing, going to delete & start from scratch tonight.

I suspect that when BB10 arrives it will sync with new native PB mail, calendar & contacts with no problems as it'll all be built from the same platform & not the mix of OS7 / PB 2.0 at moment.
    I have the exact same problem. The only way it seems to work is when I add an attendee, then both bb and pb sync.. Really annoying that it doesn't work differently..
    03-06-12 11:54 AM
    you can install Google Sync as someone else suggested. But make sure the sync feature under email setup application > Gmail > Syncronization Options >Calendar is disabled or else you will get double reminders and events. As for syncing more than one calendar to the tablet, follow the instructions here: http://crackberry.com/how-sync-multi...berry-playbook
    On which device.?
    03-12-12 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD