No, to me synced means work together, like the bridge version.
    Instead I am back to having either bounce through to the bridge mail, or I have a totally separate mail thread like I do with my computer- already. And not being able to mark prior read amplifies that.

So, if this is the case, how can I delete the much vaunted native email app, cause I don't even want to see if if I am not going to be able to put my mail in one useful spot.
    02-21-12 09:36 AM
    I loaded over 500 email, which were all read prior according to my 9900, laptop and web readers. All were 'new', which I found I could filter, after I went through each one and read it again....
    02-21-12 09:40 AM
    As long as I still HAVE my bridge calendar (which is synced to Lotus Notes at my office) I can live with it not syncing to my native one.
    02-21-12 09:42 AM
    Lawmom4,

I administer Lotus Notes and have setup a notes Traveler, free from IBM with your Domino licensing. The Traveler software allows users to use ActiveSync with their Lotus Notes.
    IBM Lotus Domino and Notes Information Center
    02-21-12 09:54 AM
    You can't easily sync between phone and PB without syncing to a central location. Otherwise there is no easy way to find out which one is the correct one when both are updated when out of range etc.
    panterarck likes this.
    02-21-12 09:55 AM
    Also fyi, in bridge settings on the phone you can choose which email/calendars you want to bridge, so if it is already setup on PB just change the settings on phone bridge app (uncheck) the email/calendar for that account. This will avoid the multiple notification etc.
    Delirious D likes this.
    02-21-12 10:01 AM
    Instead I am back to having either bounce through to the bridge mail, or I have a totally separate mail thread like I do with my computer- already. And not being able to mark prior read amplifies that.

So, if this is the case, how can I delete the much vaunted native email app, cause I don't even want to see if if I am not going to be able to put my mail in one useful spot.
    Sorry, maybe I'm not understanding something bc I don't have that problem. I don't need to switch back and forth to see which emails have been read and which haven't.
    02-21-12 10:30 AM

someone suggested to turn off email bridge. update the bb bridge and you can choose which emails go to PB. i turned off all but my BB Email.. I'm satisfied with emails now. just the calendar/contacts. whats the point of having native emails if all the email contacts are on the celly.
    02-21-12 10:45 AM
    But at the same time I don't want duplicated calendar entries. If i make one using my phone, which then syncs with Google, I don't want it appearing on native Playbook calendar via both Google and bridge.
    You can turn off which entries show up in bridge (thus eliminating duplicates) in the bridge app on your device.

Choose device properties, unselect email, and it only shows in the native app, not the bridged app.

Wish we could do that with the calendar as well. That one looks sweet!
    But that's good for those who want to use PB as a stand alone...
    02-21-12 10:59 AM
    If you use IMAP based email rather than POP3 based you will have less trouble with emails being shown as read on one device and unread on another.
    With IMAP the server keeps track of what has been read and updates the clients.
    Gmail can be configured either way but the default is POP3.
    02-21-12 11:14 AM
    @+?$: ! Will you people ever not and moan about something! You cry because it didn't have a calendar. Now you cry because your playbook can't sync with your phone calendar. Damn! It not supposed too! That's what bridge if for. Sync your phone calendar with Gmail and move on with life. There are bigger issues to worry about. I knew today would be like this. Can't make people happy no matter what is given to them.
    seivue and CDM76 like this.
    02-21-12 11:27 AM
    Did anyone figure out how to map and use the native calendar app without going through gmail?
    02-21-12 11:40 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD