NEWBIE HERE - what cables and charges are needed besides what comes in the box? What are the best ones and where to buy? Anything else needed? THANKS!
    04-13-11 08:34 AM
    Micro hdmi

micro hdmi cable - DealExtreme

free shipping
    04-13-11 08:38 AM
    04-13-11 08:47 AM
    NEWBIE HERE - what cables and charges are needed besides what comes in the box? What are the best ones and where to buy? Anything else needed? THANKS!
    None. It comes with everything you NEED, now you may want a rapid charger or a micro HDMI, but that's Dependant on your desired use.
    04-13-11 09:06 AM
    wait - MICRO HDMI, or MINI HDMI? What's the difference between the two? I think I'm confusing mini and micro USB, but just to be sure...
    04-13-11 09:21 AM
    The PlayBook will come with a micro-hdmi cable so you won't even need to buy that.

And it IS micro-hdmi, which is smaller than mini-hdmi.
    04-13-11 09:39 AM
    wait - MICRO HDMI, or MINI HDMI? What's the difference between the two? I think I'm confusing mini and micro USB, but just to be sure...
    Micro HDMI is small than Mini HDMI.

Micro USB is what your phone charger looks like.
    Mini USB is what old mobile phone chargers look like.

I have never seen Micro or Mini HDMI but the are clearly different than USB and I can't tell from pictures.
    04-13-11 09:44 AM
    ok, thanks...who's bright idea was it to make THREE different sizes of the same cable, anyway (standard, mini, and then micro...) sheesh!
    04-13-11 10:16 AM
    ok, thanks...who's bright idea was it to make THREE different sizes of the same cable, anyway (standard, mini, and then micro...) sheesh!
    It's all part of the big technological plan to milk as much money out of consumers as possible! Think about how many different types of cables, chargers, memory cards, readers, adapters, etc that we have purchased over the years to support our devices... let alone the devices themselves! I wish I had the money I have paid just for that stuff in the bank!!!

At least micro USB is becoming the standard charger for the most part. Remember when each manufacturer had a different charger for each model! I still have a bucket in my computer room full of them!
    04-13-11 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD