The sad news is I've finally sold my 16gb PlayBook and need to wipe my personal data. I would like to leave OS updates in place and the demo video on. What is the easiest and quickest way go do this? Being picked up tomorrow evening.

Sold it for �105

Now for the good news bought a new 64gb model for �129! Happy days.

Are there any other differences between the two apart from storage space?

Thanks
    08-29-12 05:10 PM
    Both are identical... the only difference being memory and if you have one of the first PB the 64 gig has a better working power button.....

As for wiping.... back up any data you need to your PC using desktop manager... once done.... swipe down from top on PB... Choose security.... chose wipe..... asks you enter the word blackberry... selct wipe and all you data is gone...

If you are selling the device it is a good idea to re-install the os... many threads showing you how....
    08-29-12 05:15 PM
    I would just leave it alone until you show the buyer it works, then wipe the PlayBook.

Because if you reinstall OS after you wipe it you will need to have a BBID and the buyer would want to make one or use one they may already have.

08-29-12 06:34 PM
    I believe a security wipe may lose the demo video and possibly the wallpapers.
    diegonei likes this.
    08-29-12 06:58 PM
    Both are identical... the only difference being memory
    Actually the 64 gig refers to "storage" not memory. I believe that the memory is the same on both but the storage capacity is greater with the 64 gig.

Sorry to be so picky ... I get a little OCD on some things!
    08-29-12 07:06 PM
    I wiped my brain last year.... still looking for a buyer
    bb624 and hpjrt like this.
    08-29-12 08:15 PM
    I believe a security wipe may lose the demo video and possibly the wallpapers.
    And since this IS true, you need to debrick the device (see link in signature), which will also get rid of anything you would erase with a wipe.

How many petabytes of storage? What's the disk frequency (100.000mhz or 200.000mhz)?

Is it fully defragmented?

Send me a PM, we can try and work out a deal....
    Last edited by diegonei; 08-29-12 at 08:44 PM.
    jafobabe likes this.
    08-29-12 08:41 PM
    "Blonde with wiped brain seeking ipad owner!"
    jafobabe likes this.
    08-29-12 09:17 PM
    I would just leave it alone until you show the buyer it works, then wipe the PlayBook.

Because if you reinstall OS after you wipe it you will need to have a BBID and the buyer would want to make one or use one they may already have.

this is probably the best way.
    08-29-12 09:22 PM
    And since this IS true, you need to debrick the device (see link in signature), which will also get rid of anything you would erase with a wipe.

How many petabytes of storage? What's the disk frequency (100.000mhz or 200.000mhz)?

Is it fully defragmented?

Send me a PM, we can try and work out a deal....
    286 bytes.. not upgradable. insufficient memory and kept getting a 404?
    08-30-12 03:04 AM
    @jafobabe: buyer? You didn't have any problem giving me a piece of your mind last time? lol
    jafobabe likes this.
    08-30-12 03:08 AM
    @spike12 ROFLMAO
    spike12 likes this.
    08-30-12 03:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD