Any idea on where the best place to buy will be, you know someplace that may even take preorders? I spoke to Verizon rep while I was in the store yesterday, and the RIM rep had just left 10min earlier. Verizon will not hold any units or take any pre-ordering, first come that day first served.

Thanks.

P.S. I know there are threads on this, but they are over 6 months old, I thought since we are getting closer someone might here some new info.
    03-10-11 11:15 AM
    you can preorder places right now if you want. Ebay has some listings along with some other "stores"....not going to say any of it is legit though
    03-10-11 11:18 AM
    Yeah, I am looking for the Staples, Best Buy, Fry's, etc. Trust them a little more than Ebay on something like this. I just do not want to have to wait in line somewhere outside a store like the lemmings did for the Ipad.

Thanks.
    03-10-11 11:26 AM
    I think u'll have to wait for a release date before u can pre-order from a reputable store. They want to be able to tell their customers a solid pick up date.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-11 11:30 AM
    Yeah, I am looking for the Staples, Best Buy, Fry's, etc. Trust them a little more than Ebay on something like this. I just do not want to have to wait in line somewhere outside a store like the lemmings did for the Ipad.

Thanks.
    I'm going to buy at either BestBuy or Staples, somewhere I can tag a good 3yr extended warranty on :-). Preordering would certainly be nice though, im not a huge fan of camping out and waiting in line for hours - although for the pb I just might do it (if I have to)

03-10-11 11:33 AM
    Yeah, not a bad idea on that extended warranty from Best buy or Staples, especially first run stuff of any kind. Well I hope that when we do get a solid release date that somebody will post here if any store is taking pre-orders.

Thanks.
    03-10-11 11:37 AM
    Personally, I don't think there will be any long lines come release day. While I'm very impressed with what I've seen so far, I doubt there is a lot of word on the street about the device at this time. I'm going to wait until a few reviews come in before I decide whether or not to pick one up since I don't have a Blackberry and this will be more of a fun purchase for me.

03-10-11 11:56 AM
    Any idea on where the best place to buy will be, you know someplace that may even take preorders? I spoke to Verizon rep while I was in the store yesterday, and the RIM rep had just left 10min earlier. Verizon will not hold any units or take any pre-ordering, first come that day first served.

Thanks.

P.S. I know there are threads on this, but they are over 6 months old, I thought since we are getting closer someone might here some new info.
    amazon.com = no taxes
    03-10-11 11:56 AM
    Personally, I don't think there will be any long lines come release day. While I'm very impressed with what I've seen so far, I doubt there is a lot of word on the street about the device at this time. I'm going to wait until a few reviews come in before I decide whether or not to pick one up since I don't have a Blackberry and this will be more of a fun purchase for me.
    While I'm 95% sure I'm getting one I also would like to see some full reviews on the PlayBook before buying. My hope is RIM will give a few out before release to review so I can still read a few reviews and still be first in line.
    03-10-11 12:23 PM
    I was just wondering if anyone else is finding that so few people seem to know about the PlayBook. Over the last couple of days, I have asked a few people who I know have or love BB, including some folks in our IT department, what they thought about the upcoming BB Playbook. In all but one case, they looked at me like I had two heads - never hearing of this... I get the feeling that very few people outside of the Crackberry community and perhaps some other areas are aware of this coming.

Anyone concerned about how this will impact sales? I sure hope RIM does some good advertising outside of the YouTube videos soon!
    03-10-11 05:54 PM
    Yes that is what many have been saying about RIM marketing or lack there of. General consumer doesn't know jack about it. Now also many people don't care and don't want a tablet so for them it wouldn't matter anyway.
    03-10-11 06:04 PM
    Interesting email I got today from MobileCityOnline:

Dear Subscriber,

We have been asked by RIM to remove this listing and the ability to pre order the Blackberry Playbook. For now the listing will be removed from our site but your stock alert or pre order will be kept in our data base and we will update you as more information becomes available.

We thank you for your patience and understanding and will continue to update you as new information becomes available to us
    03-10-11 06:19 PM
    amazon.com = no taxes
    this is where i plan to buy. If i preorder i will get delivery on the day of release.
    03-10-11 07:08 PM
    I'm going to buy at either BestBuy or Staples, somewhere I can tag a good 3yr extended warranty on :-). Preordering would certainly be nice though, im not a huge fan of camping out and waiting in line for hours - although for the pb I just might do it (if I have to)

Nothing personal, just don't understand why folks buy into those extended warranties. Take care of your toys and all will be fine. I realize that sh!t happens, but still. If it will make it thru the normal mfg warranty period, there's no reason any device shouldn't last much longer with proper care. Waste of money if ya ask me, but... to each their own

03-10-11 07:45 PM
    amazon.com = no taxes
    you are still required to pay the sales tax on the items you purchase if you live in a state where there is a sales tax, if the seller such as amazon does not. Though I personally do not know of anyone who does. I suspect as online sales increase states will be paying more attention to this.
    03-10-11 08:07 PM
    Nothing personal, just don't understand why folks buy into those extended warranties. Take care of your toys and all will be fine. I realize that sh!t happens, but still. If it will make it thru the normal mfg warranty period, there's no reason any device shouldn't last much longer with proper care. Waste of money if ya ask me, but... to each their own

This.

The ONLY thing I have ever bought an extended warranty for (besides my truck which was great for a reason) was my Sirius Stiletto radio I got the thing replaced 3 times.

My last major purchase was an Epson R1900 and a Sony laptop. My 2 previous laptops were 1 Sony which is 5 years old and an HP which is probably 3 years old at the most. The HP is has issues. The Sony aside from being slow (512mb) is still running great. There was a recall on it (after the warranty expired) and a piece was replaced. Zero issues.

My current laptop was about $1000.00 after taxes and what not. The warranty was around $300. Definitely not worth it after you figure its life expectancy and all.
    03-10-11 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD