The PlayBook's browser is nice, but there's a few flaws and missing functions.

1. The progress bar now is a 1/8 inch blue line that comes across below the page title. It's barely visible. They need to use the page title area and place a progress bar inside that, a simple gray fade behind the page title would work great. Sometimes I can't even tell if I clicked on a link because I can't see any progression.

2. Refresh button. This is very frustrating when a page is stuck and the only way to reload the page is to go back and forth inside the browser.

3. The bookmarks don't display properly. When in icon mode it only shows eight. There's also no way to edit or rearrange the bookmark. Folders are also missing.

This is one of the better browsers out there, but the three items above make it a little annoying to use. Hope they fix these soon.
    04-20-11 02:06 PM
    i tried downloading internet explorer and google chrome.....i guess that is not possible lol! But they do need to update those issues asap!
    04-20-11 02:21 PM
    i tried downloading internet explorer and google chrome.....i guess that is not possible lol! But they do need to update those issues asap!
    Lol. Unless the PB can run .exe and .dmg files, it wont happen.
    04-20-11 02:23 PM
    hmm i have a refresh button in my browser
    you can also change the bookmarks to display them as lists instead
    04-20-11 02:23 PM
    Progress bar is fine for me. There is a refresh bar next to the address, but I would like one on the bar next to the back/forward buttons.

As for the bookmarks, i would like the same thing. Being able to rename name is by biggest request for the browser (after bezel scroll, though).
    04-20-11 02:24 PM
    Looking for better java support and support for plug ins (activeX, help objects, etc)
    04-20-11 02:25 PM
    i like add code to any big documents as a faster way of searching but there is no way to read html files on the playbook and on that note is there a way to save html files to the play book?
    04-20-11 02:39 PM
    We have a thread with this kind of stuff it it here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/pl...1/#post6245856

Is has other improvement request also at the bottom of my post there is a tip on how to get bookmarks into the Playbook.
    04-20-11 02:45 PM
    1. The progress bar now is a 1/8 inch blue line that comes across below the page title. It's barely visible. They need to use the page title area and place a progress bar inside that, a simple gray fade behind the page title would work great. Sometimes I can't even tell if I clicked on a link because I can't see any progression.
    interesting, if you look at most desktop browsers (IE9 and FF4 for example) there isnt even a loading bar (plugin available for FF4 btw) so while i do see your point (although iv always seen it ok in videos/sim) it does seem the way that browsers are going in general

2. Refresh button. This is very frustrating when a page is stuck and the only way to reload the page is to go back and forth inside the browser.
    just like IE the refresh button is in the URL bar on the right.

also you`ll notice that the refresh option isnt available when loading as you get the X option for stopping loading that page, so you can use that for your first arguement to see if the page is fully loaded
    04-20-11 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD