Another weird bug in the browser. Frequently when the PB has been running for a while (e.g. no reboot done for a few days) and I start typing adresses in the browser the letters are lagging severely. They show up 2-3 seconds later than I type them. Like there's a huge memory lag or something. Anyone else have this too?
    03-05-12 10:39 AM
    Personally, I haven't experienced that lag (yet)
    03-05-12 10:52 AM
    I notice this too, when typing addresses. Drives me nuts! Wipe and reload didn't fix it either. I've had it for quite a few previous builds too. This is not new for OS2 for me.
    03-05-12 10:57 AM
    I notice this too, when typing addresses. Drives me nuts! Wipe and reload didn't fix it either. I've had it for quite a few previous builds too. This is not new for OS2 for me.
    I've had lagginess in lots of applications if my PB is on for more than a day. I typically turn it on at work, leave it on/stand by most of the day. Turn it off before I leave work and then turn it back on again in the evening about 10 minutes before I think I'll need it. I don't run into many problems that way.

I also reboot whenever I install something. Just a habit I've gotten into.
    03-05-12 11:53 AM
    My habit is to, every night, shut down PlayBook, plug it in to charge, then depending on the day either plug in my phone to bedside mode or turn it off and plug it in. This keeps my devices charged and minty fresh.
    03-05-12 12:03 PM
    Another weird bug in the browser. Frequently when the PB has been running for a while (e.g. no reboot done for a few days) and I start typing adresses in the browser the letters are lagging severely. They show up 2-3 seconds later than I type them. Like there's a huge memory lag or something. Anyone else have this too?
    Yep, I experienced that problem as well, never in 1.0.8 but a couple times in 2.0.
    03-05-12 12:24 PM
    Sometime it happens to my PB. Mostly on google.com
    03-05-12 12:27 PM
    I've had lagginess in lots of applications if my PB is on for more than a day. I typically turn it on at work, leave it on/stand by most of the day. Turn it off before I leave work and then turn it back on again in the evening about 10 minutes before I think I'll need it. I don't run into many problems that way.

I also reboot whenever I install something. Just a habit I've gotten into.
    I'm not quite sure you are understanding the lag we are describing. Its not OS lag, its ONLY when typing in the browser address bar. It literally takes 10-15 seconds for "www.crackberry.com" to type out in the address bar, even if you can type it in 3 seconds. It ONLY happens in the address bar, from my experience. No amounts of reboots help, really. It is a weird and extremely frustrating bug.
    03-05-12 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD