Turn off javascript when on crackberry. This will fix the "crackberry-halfway-hang."
    11-03-11 11:09 AM
    Turn off javascript when on crackberry. This will fix the "crackberry-halfway-hang."
    Don't want to and shouldn't need to but yes if a person just can't wait.

Without java script some option on the site do not work.
    11-03-11 12:58 PM
    Same thing is happening to my PlayBook since last official update, especially Crackberry. I shouldn't have to do work arounds, and don't want to. I hope this problem will be corrected in the next official update whenever that might be.
    11-03-11 02:23 PM
    Make sure to get on the official BlackBerry support forums and tell them about this. Tell them what pages too. While they might read here, I personally wouldn't bet on it getting fixed if its only known here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-11 02:46 PM
    I agree that we should not have to close certain features to get the PB browser to function the way it should. It is improvements like this that I wish RIM would release and not make us wait till Feb 2012 or beyond before receiving them.

I wish they would give us these in small steps so we have at least some corrections without having to wait till the big release.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-03-11 02:50 PM
    I agree that we should not have to close certain features to get the PB browser to function the way it should. It is improvements like this that I wish RIM would release and not make us wait till Feb 2012 or beyond before receiving them.

I wish they would give us these in small steps so we have at least some corrections without having to wait till the big release.
    11-03-11 02:50 PM
    However, in the mean time, I find the "Crackberry Mobile 2011" theme saves me a lot of heartache on the PB. (see the bottom of the full CrackBerry forum screen, just above the mobile nations krap).
    11-03-11 02:54 PM
    I would not expect this as part of the big Feb update. It was still in the previous beta release.

Not sure if this is what happens to all of you, but on a clean OS install (like when I first got my PB) the browser just blazes. Over time it gets worse slowly. Back when we had full OS updates, they would often bring the browser back to the "snappy" state. Now that we get incremental updates, it looks like a clean OS install is the only way to rectify this. It seems like over time, something just gets bogged down. I have cleared cache and all that, and while it helps, it doesn't seem to be the total fix. I honestly don't know why it does this.

11-03-11 02:56 PM
    All I know is I turned off javascript once, to see what the halfway crackberry hang was, turned it back on later and haven't had that hang since. I wish someone would confirm/deny this.

I didn't have the hang before the last OS update, then I did - I even started a poll to see who else had the problem.

Some people thought I was trolling, or crazy.
    I did not wipe or reinstall, but simply disabling javascript, closing the browser and reopening cleared it up..
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-03-11 at 03:52 PM.
    11-03-11 03:50 PM
    I have turned off Javascript and flash before and this still happens. I think it was a coincidence.

11-03-11 03:53 PM
    All I know is I turned off javascript once, to see what the halfway crackberry hang was, turned it back on later and haven't had that hang since. I wish someone would confirm/deny this.

I didn't have the hang before the last OS update, then I did - I even started a poll to see who else had the problem.

Some people thought I was trolling, or crazy.
    I did not wipe or reinstall, but simply disabling javascript, closing the browser and reopening cleared it up..
    I don't think 'toggling' java off and then back on fixes it - unless you mean in that same browser session. For the PassReports to work properly I need Java. Normally I keep it off. So I open browser, cruise Crackberry (snappy compared to java on), decide to check pass reports, Ah, turn java on. Come back to Crack and it is bogged down again.

So you want as a test - Java on, Visit Crack (slow response), turn java off, open thread, turn java back on and see if it stays "snappy?"
    11-03-11 04:19 PM
    I think what I did was Java on, Visit Crack (stick halfway), turn java off, flash off, load images off, open thread, CLOSE BROWSER, OPEN BROWSER turn it all back on and see if it still sticks halfway.

Probably a coincidence, but mine doesn't stick halfway anymore. It does hang at the 7/8ths, but eventually moves on.

I've been using forums.crackberry.com to test this
    11-03-11 10:19 PM
    my page also half loads (the blue line only goes to middle of page). It will sometimes finish the load if I hit the "enter" again
    08-04-12 01:27 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD