Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By F2
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Browser file dialog can't see downloaded file

Hi I'm trying to do a simple action using the browser. Download an nzb file from a site, then immediately upload it to the Web interface of my usenet client. I can download ok.but when I try to browse to the nzb file from the html form I can't see it. Just a dialog for video, pictures, music etc. Any ideas how I can do this fairly simple action?
    CrackBerry Genius

Use one of the android browsers available, Dolphin or Maxthon (both in app world) and an android file browser like Ghost Commander (also in app world).

Quote Originally Posted by ydrol View Post
    Hi I'm trying to do a simple action using the browser. Download an nzb file from a site, then immediately upload it to the Web interface of my usenet client. I can download ok.but when I try to browse to the nzb file from the html form I can't see it. Just a dialog for video, pictures, music etc. Any ideas how I can do this fairly simple action?
    Flaw. Major Flaw. Stupid OVERSIGHT. Miserable file browser/Manager. They had better fix this in BB10.

Did I mention STUPID FLAW.

Work around using ideas like Pacoman suggested. Also, Files&Folders (native app) can use an email address you give it and attach stuff from its file manager.
    Herve5 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    677 Global Posts

There really should be 2 modes for the default file browser - a flat, searchable list like the current one, and a filesystem view that shows files and folders. If you have lots of documents in multiple folders, the flat view lags like a snail with brakes on The problem is that all native apps use the stupid default browser. I end up using AIR Browser or ES File Explorer to look for files and open them.