Browsing is crazy fast, the pages download almost you tap the web links, scrolling has been improved and makes a day and night difference, used to see checker boarding on sites engadget while scrolling but now it appears ipad like smooth scrolling. Also angry birds flash version play nice on 1.06. (check it out in full screen mode)

http://www.angrybirdschrome.com/game...irdsOnline.swf
    Last edited by sf49ers; 06-21-11 at 12:21 AM.
    06-20-11 11:49 PM
    amen to that!!! the playbook browser is amazing!!!! i wish this would be highlighted by crackberry and rim!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-11 12:16 AM
    indeed angry bird plays well. took a while to download, but nice.

06-21-11 12:29 AM
    can we download the swf so we can play offline?
    06-21-11 12:30 AM
    more than fast, the priorities seem to have changed so it loads content differently... i get into a page quickly, but am more likely to maybe find pixel hash as I scroll down. the net effect, though, is feeling much quicker, which is great.

but what is awesome is a greatly improved behavior on pages with lots of dynamic content... i often got lockups when jumping around the nytimes or crackberry.com, and would have to stop and reload a few times. that seems to have improved a lot.
    06-21-11 12:35 AM
    I must repost. The browser is amazing amazing amazing. I would love to see a head to head with the iPad2 again... cause the playbook is �bber fast!!!

06-21-11 12:35 AM
    i downloaded the swf file and it works on PB but is not as smooth as my desktop but its playable.ohh yeah baby
    06-21-11 12:43 AM
    work nice, anyone know where to get capcom flash game..title like 1942..1945...really missed it..thanks in advance

06-21-11 12:47 AM
    Angry Birds plays better than before but I still wouldn't call it "playable".....at least not by my standards.
    06-21-11 12:48 AM
    Thanks to the link here, I played Angry Birds for the first time.
    06-21-11 12:51 AM
    i downloaded the swf file and it works on PB but is not as smooth as my desktop but its playable.ohh yeah baby
    how did you do this?
    06-21-11 12:56 AM
    So happy it plays Angry Birds. So much more useful than being able to use my multi-chapter PDF files

I'll update mine when I take it out of the drawer and blow all the dust off of it.
    06-21-11 01:02 AM
    how did you do this?
    on the link above(first post),hold down the angry birds link until selection popsup,select Save link as and rename it to Angrybirds.swf or whatever you name it make sure it ends with .swf after that go to your browser and type file: and then go to account then 1000 then shared then downloads and navigate to angrybirds.swf,and then add to Home screen.
    kariakoo and Vidge like this.
    06-21-11 01:06 AM
    So happy it plays Angry Birds. So much more useful than being able to use my multi-chapter PDF files

I'll update mine when I take it out of the drawer and blow all the dust off of it.
    After you're done blowing off the dust off the PB, go jump off a cliff and save us your negativity
    06-21-11 01:07 AM
    err.. right click and choose Save Link\Target As...
    06-21-11 01:07 AM
    I been running my pb with no flash for a few days due to 1.05 speed, will like to try this now with flash on.
    06-21-11 01:09 AM
    on the link above(first post),hold down the angry birds link until selection popsup,select Save link as and rename it to Angrybirds.swf or whatever you name it make sure it ends with .swf after that go to your browser and type file: and then go to account then 1000 then shared then downloads and navigate to angrybirds.swf,and then add to Home screen.
    thanks..great stuff

06-21-11 01:19 AM
    Angry birds plays well? O_o it still plays like angry farm on the smartphones. But yeah, heavy flash sites seem a bit more "fluid".
    06-21-11 01:23 AM
    Just thought I'd add that accidentally clicking on ads while scrolling is now a thing of the past... for me at least.
    06-21-11 02:33 AM
    Can u post a vid of this amazin speed, mine still loaded crackberry.com within 46 seconds...
    06-21-11 02:43 AM
    yeah, only battery grains like crazy.
    at least 30-50% faster than previous build.
    Last edited by xwestwood; 06-21-11 at 04:45 AM.
    06-21-11 04:42 AM
    My browser still stalls on loading MANY pages. Yours does not?
    06-21-11 06:08 AM
    Just thought I'd add that accidentally clicking on ads while scrolling is now a thing of the past... for me at least.
    Unfortunately this is false. Start trying to scroll using a flash add as your starting point,scrolling does not start and as soon as you release the add pops up in a new tab.
    Kevin_M likes this.
    06-21-11 06:35 AM
    I don't see that the browser is faster. But, the Flash update makes flash sites much better.

I have not yet found a Flash site or application that does not work as expected. CNN Live stream works again, for example. I think that Flash games work a little quicker as well. Angry Birds Flash now works and is playable. Much better than Angry Farm!

I have not tried web video chat so I don't know if that stuff works but, assuming it does, that is a big deal.

I am very happy with this update.

Also, I am very glad that it was release just when RIM said it was going to be. Restoring credibility can only be done if RIM does what it says.
    06-21-11 06:43 AM
    You people are crazy about browser speeds. This was a flash update not browser update.

06-21-11 07:49 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD