So i've been noticing that the browser is crashing on me quite often. It rarely crashes when I'm using it, but crashes often when task switching to/from the browser.

Is this a known issue?

Other browser issues I've seen are Flash videos "flashing", or alternating between a white screen and the flash content.

Posting from my PlayBook. Newest firmware of course.
    05-05-11 05:24 PM
    its not crashing per say...your PB is probably closing it out due to running low on memory. remember the PB will close apps out without telling you if you have to many open
    05-05-11 06:39 PM
    it hangs on me within crackberry.com often. it will start to load and stop half way.
    05-05-11 08:43 PM
    Mine crashes in bridged mode, my phone has an app error. When I click ok, it restarts the phone. In wifi it works great.
    05-05-11 08:47 PM
    it hangs for me as well sometimes...i have to refresh pages with flash a lot ..hope future updates fix these issues.
    05-05-11 09:11 PM
    it hangs on me within crackberry.com often. it will start to load and stop half way.
    me too, very often.

and to answer the OP, yes mine crashes quite often as well, just as you described it actually. And it's NOT because I have too many apps open and am running low on memory as someone else suggested, because I rarely have more than the browser, Acrobat and App World open at the same time.
    05-05-11 09:13 PM
    me too, very often.

and to answer the OP, yes mine crashes quite often as well, just as you described it actually. And it's NOT because I have too many apps open and am running low on memory as someone else suggested, because I rarely have more than the browser, Acrobat and App World open at the same time.
    how many tabs open? It doesn't take many open windows to run out actually
    05-05-11 09:26 PM
    how many tabs open?
    lol ok, 7 or 8 at all times. but according to the hardware tab in settings - About, I always have between 100 and 300 megs of free memory.
    05-05-11 09:33 PM
    That is a lot. Not sure where the cut off is but I do think that when you go to open a new app that the PB is closing your browser to get memory back.
    05-05-11 09:39 PM
    good to know. I'll keep that in mind.

thanks!
    05-05-11 09:43 PM
    hangs wayyyyy too often.. kinda disappointing...
    06-04-11 07:40 PM
    I am little frustrated with the browser problem .. crash..hang .. call it what ever you want, I have done everthing possible but it simply hangs in just few clicks on say amazon.com. only one tab open .. available ram is more then 500 MB... Has anyone resolved this, if not I dont want to be stuck with this junk..and return it back while I can..
    12-21-11 06:43 PM
    On the latest official. I can surf for 4 or 5 hours on bridge most any time and depending on what I'm doing will get a crash. Maybe you should try a debrick after backing up to see if things change.
    12-21-11 06:47 PM
    The hangs are probably related to your router not working well with the playbook.
    12-21-11 06:59 PM
    I use to have random "crashes" where it would just close all of a sudden with 4-5 tabs open. But with the latest two builds I have had zero crashes...same browsing style with about 4-5 tabs open browsing amazon, crackberry and other forums etc. Bridge has been unbelievable stable and fast, it hangs on occasion if I am flipping between tabs and clicking new links in each of the tabs all at the time.
    12-21-11 07:08 PM
    Only happens when I am bridged and on wifi.
    12-21-11 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD