the site that would make the browser crash on me is s2ki.com
    and i do mean crash, shut down. it doesnt matter if i open just that site or many other tabs, it will kill everything.
    sometimes other sites will crash it too.
    hope somebody can solve this
    Looks like there's a specific problem with your setup.
    No problem here with this site (I've been around, but is there a specific page that crashes the browser ?). I'll suggest you clean cache/cookie/local storage within your browser options.
    11-09-11 03:40 AM
    it has been suggested to me.that i do a fresh os install.would this be a fix or a waste of time
    If your PB is somehow messed ... this won't be a lack of time at all
    Please do not forget to backup first and I strongly suggest that you use the BB Desktop manager to reload your OS.
    11-09-11 03:42 AM
    Yesterday, I believe only one tab a few times - Crackberry.

I was also on IMDB and it crashed - only tab.

I guess what's upsetting is that I have at times become blase about it - "oh, its gone" (which it is - like a puff of smoke it's gone). Although sometimes I get angry because I was deep in a site or its links.
    This will be a good idea that the browser support "open last session tabs" capability, a la Firefox.
    11-09-11 03:45 AM
    and i do mean crash, shut down. it doesnt matter if i open just that site or many other tabs, it will kill everything.
    Just opened that site - no crash! Not that I don't have crashes but just opening that site did not do it.
    11-09-11 08:54 AM
    Today I started out using bridge and the regular browser. Bridge browsing has become painful since it has started pausing a little over a third of the way with the blue line and it will hang there for a couple of minutes before proceeding.

I had crackberry, yahoo mobile mail tab open and im+ in another tab. I turned bridge off on my phone and am now using the tether option. Browsing etc. so much better but the browser just did the crash.

I really wish they could fix things like this for us without having to wait until Feb. I may not make it if they don't.
    bigwinnie likes this.
    11-09-11 09:06 AM
    I really wish they could fix things like this for us without having to wait until Feb. I may not make it if they don't.
    I couldn't agree more.
    11-09-11 10:55 AM
    While I can't say I never had this problem, it doesn't happen very often. I have visited the websites in this thread and no crashes. I probably do hard resets more often then most people here just to get back my available memory. Maybe that has something to do with it. My wifes PB browser will crash on FB but thats it. She uses the app and its no problem.
    RIM should do something like windows does with browser crashes. Where you can send info about the crash to microsoft
    bigwinnie likes this.
    11-09-11 11:11 AM
    S2KI has always been solid for me, I'm usually on it 24/7.

Under heavy usage with 3-5 tabs open I get 1-2 crashes a day, but under lighter usage I can go a day without one crash. And when it does crash it doesn't seem to be any reason because I usually have the same sites always on. It does seem to happen usually when have have 2-3 apps running in the background as well, as opposed to no apps. But I have not found a reoccurring theme yet.
    11-09-11 11:13 AM
    The ones who get few or no crashes. Are you talking about on wifi or bridging?
    11-09-11 12:11 PM
    The ones who get few or no crashes. Are you talking about on wifi or bridging?
    Wifi for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-11 12:22 PM
    Today I started out using bridge and the regular browser. Bridge browsing has become painful since it has started pausing a little over a third of the way with the blue line and it will hang there for a couple of minutes before proceeding.

I had crackberry, yahoo mobile mail tab open and im+ in another tab. I turned bridge off on my phone and am now using the tether option. Browsing etc. so much better but the browser just did the crash.

Ahem... Are _WE_ having a bad day?

Those are the moods when I finally let loose with a blast of curses!!! "Fix this, fix that, and that and also this and ....."
    11-09-11 12:24 PM
    Ahem... Are _WE_ having a bad day?

Those are the moods when I finally let loose with a blast of curses!!! "Fix this, fix that, and that and also this and ....."
    LOL yes we are having a bad day. If I can tether and not be charged extra (which I use to be able to do) I'm fine. If not and bridge stays like it is right now (slow as heck) I may tear out what little hair I have left or it will be only used for wifi which defeats the benefit of pb and bb combo.

Bridge in this state for another 4 months. I don't think so, might be time to make that other choice even though I don't want to.
    11-09-11 12:37 PM
    good to see im not the only one that finds fb in the browser is the cause of a crash.
    11-09-11 02:07 PM
    The FEW times I've used the Bridge Browser it was painful. I rarely will bother to try after those experiences.

But why - the phone, itself, is not necessarily bad. It will browse reasonably well with some sites LOADING.....

Maybe its the phone and OS combo. In my case a 9650/Bold and OS 5.xxxxx
    11-09-11 03:18 PM
    On s2ki site, the threads that will make it crash more often is when I'm on gallery threads where loads of pictures would load. I'm not saying that it always crash on that thread, but more often than not, it will.
    I've heard that the flash setting also needs to be turned off, so I'm doing it now, but we'll see how it goes.
    Other sites would also cause it to crash though.

And what makes it even stranger is that sometimes my 990 would also crash, though phones don't support flash.

I just don't understand this. I don't think other tabs or phone browsers crash like blackberries. Then again, I don't have solid basis for comparison.

Anybody has any fixes?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-11 05:35 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD